Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

2014 ZX-10R Here.

What's happening is that in first gear from a take off the damn thing doesn't want to go anywhere. It's terrible. I'm pretty sure that it's super flat/no pull in the top range as well but I have only gone up there once during my test ride. It starts up and idles just fine and once I get the bike past 15mph or so it has no problems accelerating.

Did I not load the map correctly? Did I load the map correctly but the map is complete shit? Does the exhaust just exacerbate the slow first gear take off of a liter bike?

This is my first liter bike and the first/only performance upgrade I'm making to it but jumping off a red light like I'm in a VW Bug instead of on a liter bike is not acceptable.

Out of complete paranoia I just finished taking apart my bike to make sure all the PCV connections are good and in the correct locations. Everything looks good.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dimi

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,772 Posts
A PCV? With a downloaded map and not a custom tune? And the traction control turned off? Well, I've got a couple of ideas about the problem(s).:idea:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi SkyDork,

They don't allow moto dyno tuning in California unless it's a track only bike. Were you being facetious or do you actually have a couple ideas to help?

Thanks,

Dimi

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Have you had the tank off?when you lift the tank and drop it down you can kink the fuel hose and starve the motor of fuel!its a common problem just make sure the fuel hose going to the fuel pump on the bottom of the tank is in the correct position for unrestricted fuel flow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I'm pretty sure you have had the tank off re-reading your post!you fitted a PCV so the tank has to be lifted up!hope this helps man cheers Peter

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Peter,

I will take the tank off again and have a look today. Hope this is the solution.

Thanks,

Dimi

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
So do I Dimmi!but the problems you are having are what happens when that fuel line is bent blocking fuel flow!the bike will idle and rev sitting on a stand but once you put the motor under load(riding)the crimped line starves the motor!Let me no either way mate

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Peter,

Took the tank off. The line wasn't crimped but there were two issues I noticed. One, a hose wasn't connected to the airbox (I think this is from the 4k service I had done at the dealer a week ago) so I put that back into place. Also, there is a weird rubber piece - one big rectangle and one small rectangle connected together - hooked to the end of the fuel line where it connects to the tank. This is dangling loose and has the small rectangle broken like it popped or something when I or the dealer pulled the tank too far up (I completely removed the tank for PCV install). Anyway, with the tank cinched back into place I am able to move the fuel line freely back and forth. I can get my hand far enough in to trace the line almost all the way to the tank and it wiggles freely.

You think this weird rubber grommet thing that is busted has to do with keeping the fuel line from kinking out of sight?

Thanks,

Dimi

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
If its just near that fuel line I'm pretty sure it's to keep the line in the correct position!just remember it's hard to actually see if it's crimped as lifting the tank fixes it!just be anul in the way you route that line so it can't crimp once the tank is down

1 - 9 of 9 Posts