Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Forgot about that. Where you line ip makes a difference too.
You want to be in on of the two "tracks" where the car tires would be. Not in the middle of them.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Yup, watch and see where the cars are launching from and then line yourself up there. Itll help a lot with traction. Too be fair, I have spun my Q3 after lining up properly and all. I think track prep may have been an issue or something. Or I messed up the launch (most likely culprit). Youll be able to feel the sticky spot on the track with your boot though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Nice. That's what I'm shooting for. I'm up in Denver so we lose a little to the altitude but 9 is definitely doable.

Funny thing is my starts were usually good at roadraces but can't dial them in at the strip

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Did the bike try to wheelie?

·
Registered
376 Posts
i'm geared at -1/+5. I run 1/4 and i'm typically clicking 6th gear just before the stripe. My best 60's have been 1.50's.
Went to the track last night, didn't do anything impressive. I trimmed down my clutch switch, thinking it'd be better for launch. Turns out, I was wrong. I shortened it too much, so now the bike leaves the line while still on the 2-step. I found a switch on ebay for $12 and wasted no time ordering it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Have a 15t front and a 42t so might try couple different combos.

Hitting the limiter in 4th right about the time I cross the traps.

·
Registered
376 Posts
if your having traction/wheelie problems. Try adjusting your suspension. Here's a pretty good vid that explains sag and rebound settings for drag racing.
https://youtu.be/ZsIcE5GoGvk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yup, clutch is going.
Does running Kevlar plates and stiffer springs cause an issue the slipper clutch?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Dont know about the kevlar plates, but stiffer springs are fine. I think a lot of people who drag their bike has stiffer springs.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts