Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got my brembo and have searched old threads for an hour,i need some advice please.1st, i got the brembo resivoir,anyone got a quick and effective mount or should i bin it and use the stocker(any feel differences between the 2?)i bent the stock res. mounting bracket down and can make it work like a true coon-ass but the res. sits fairly low in relationship to the lever ass.doesn't the res. need to be higher than the lever ass.?2nd any one runnin goodrige hoses?Brad @ Superbike Supply had em in stock so thats what i ordered,will the banjo angles work?thanks for any help from the guys already runnin this set up.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Which Brembo res? There are many types. If you got the same as I did, it comes with a metal cylinder that is ~1/2" tall with a large hole at top and small hole at bottom.

I just removed the stock bracket and slightly filed the OEM screw head down a little so it would slip inside the cylinder to mount it directly to the triple-clamp. Leaves the res on a little bit of an angle, but works good.

If you have the same res and this doesn't make sense, lemme know & I can post a pic.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got a plastic brembo res. the mount runs 90 deg from the side of the res., i think i'll just use the stocker 4 now thanks

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I also got the Brembo reservoir but ended up using the stock one as I did not see a benefit and had to fabricate a new mount.

No problems....so far!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts