Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
i tried one time but i failed...how can you roll the bike backwards with 5th gear without pressing the clutch?it seems impossible 2 persons and pushed her half a meter....

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I want to do it but I'm worried about the effects on the bike...doesn't seem like it would be good for the bike but I'm getting ready to give it a shot.

My bike seems way too loud but it's not like I have something to compare the sound to.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I did it and after doing it a couple times it seems to have made the noise a little softer. I can still hear the clicking sound but it isn't quite as loud.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I did to,it may have helped a little but it is still there.The strange thing about my noise is that it goes nearly away when the bike heats up say around 180 degrees.Does anyone elses do this?:BangHead:

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Does the clicking noise come from a particular area of the engine, left or right side?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Does the clicking noise come from a particular area of the engine, left or right side?
Cant really tell but i think its on the right side while sitting on bike.:dontknow: This weekend i will check it out more and try to determine where its coming from.

·
Registered
495 Posts
What does rolling it back in 5th actually do? Seems important to me to know exactly what you are doing if your changing something related to the motor.... Is it advancing the timming? Or retarding it? That could change the sound of the valves, or break something if you affect it either way too much. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
What does rolling it back in 5th actually do? Seems important to me to know exactly what you are doing if your changing something related to the motor.... Is it advancing the timming? Or retarding it? That could change the sound of the valves, or break something if you affect it either way too much. :dontknow:
I was told that it reverses the slack in the camchain letting the automatic tensioner extend itself more,causing the camchain to be tighter.:dontknow:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
bingo, that's what it does, if anyone is unsure read the first couple posts again.:badteeth:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
i tried one time but i failed...how can you roll the bike backwards with 5th gear without pressing the clutch?it seems impossible 2 persons and pushed her half a meter....
I haven't tried this yet, but plan on doing it asap. I notice while reading thru this post that no one had responded to this quote and I was kinda wondering the same thing. I wasn't sure if it would push back that easiely.

At least for once I'll be glad I have a steep driveway, lol..

And I have to agree with may of you. This forum ROCKS. I started reading on here just before I bought my machine. Many times now I've found the answer to questions or found solutions to problems on here.

·
Banned
91 Posts
Yeah, I'm a little confused too... Are we rolling the bike backwards in fifth gear with the clutch out? or are we rolling backwards and then letting the clutch out at the end??

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I think if you roll it out to far though and get too much slack before the tensioner readjusts itself it could mess the timing up or something though right?

·
Just trolling
2,618 Posts

i rolled it carefully backwards down my driveway and let out the clutch
= he held it in when he rolled it backwards than let out, prolly wouldnt be good for it if you pushed it backwards w.o having the clutch in

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
"carefully" means dont tip your bikes over or run into anything, lolololol, and yes your holding the clutch in, getting it moving then letting go of the clutch do this a couple times.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Sweet! My 07 w/ 900 miles has been ticking like crazy since 500 miles or so. My driveway is steep as shit so I'll give it a few good ties to quiet it down. I knew something just needed adjustment. Great thread! Thanks a bunch guys. My last Kawi was a frickin tickin time bomb(05 ZRX12R) compared to the 07 10R now but it still doesn't sound right/good. Random tick/click at idle to 4k rpm. Hope this works.:cool:

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Just bought my 05 10R and it's ticking. Read all the post and will be trying this tonight on

my bike. Will let you know what happens..

21 - 40 of 114 Posts