Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....
My buddy decided to get out of raceing and swapped(pending mechanical chk up)r6 for an 08 r1 with 15000 kms or about 9000 mi....It has a few mods,sweet decal job but my question is...

We were checkin things out and noticed it was idleing rough,so we pulled the tank and looked for issues with the pwr commander and tuner,pulled the a/f out and noticed an odd sound..

With the air box up you could hear a sound like the old western steam train comming from #2 cylinder..Ya know the chooo chooo chooo sound or if you were to rub your hands together really fast kinda like a swooshin sound..

I was kinda thinkin a tight valve but its just that air sound compression sound and its throwin me off...Any ideas before it goes to dealer???

Yes i know its a yami and not like a good ole zx but just helpin a buddy..Suggestions???????????

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
used to hear a sound like that all the time with all the old school bikes running open exposed velocity stacks on different cyls. the cause was a air screw run in too tight or slide down out of sync. primary butterfly on the tight side would do the same thing. ck sync, especially since u mentioned rough idle.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
STRKD..I see ya got your 14...looks nice..

GAZX10..He did a sync on it the other day and said it was almost perfect..He would be the 4th owner so we dont know the history..If you put your eat directly over the intake its as clear as hell of a sound yet 3/4 are fine and im not sure if its an echo or not but i think i hear it on #1 AS WELL..

any other idea boyzz!!!!!!!!!!

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
Spark plugs all tightened properly???

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeap,plugs are fine..leak down was my next option..just need to borrow a compressor..Kinda thinkin valve guide was set in a lil off kilter..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts