1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
wow, thats a shocker

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I know it was rumored before, but it still sucks. Ducati pulls out, now Yamaha? I truly hope this is not a growing trend.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Ducati will be back within 2 years I'm guessing, but Yamaha sounds like they're pulling out for good.:dontknow: Maybe they are just shifting their efforts to R&D and will be back with an "all new R1" in 2013. They'd be crazy not to with their huge fan base.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ducati will be back within 2 years I'm guessing, but Yamaha sounds like they're pulling out for good.:dontknow: Maybe they are just shifting their efforts to R&D and will be back with an "all new R1" in 2013. They'd be crazy not to with their huge fan base.
In the article it says they're gonna focus on their customers but I bet that's what they're gonna do in a couple years.

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
Sounds like the economy has a large part to do with it. But why would they sign Melandri to another year then, maybe this was a last minute decision.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
sign of the times, im kawasaki to the core but i hate see'ing yamaha pull out, suzuki will prob be next.
That's the rumor.

I think that maybe the factories are starting to feel that supporting 2 major racing platforms (MotoGP and WSBK) costs more than it's worth. They'll likely spend their money building Spies a kick ass ride and let the technology trickle down to the privateers. Hell, Ducati pulled out after last year but Althea is still doing fine.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Yeah, my guess is that with GP going to liter bikes will be where Yamaha ends up. WSBK may turn into Superstock races while GP turns into Superbike racing.l

1 - 11 of 11 Posts