Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i want to do a track school and i will be coming from Canada. Has anyone of you done the Yamaha Champions Riding School at Miller or the Keith Code California Superbike School. I would like to know which one you guys would pick and why?

Thanks and any info would be appreciated.

Chad

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Yamaha Champ. at Miller.....by a mile...

* It's Miller ...awesome track and facilities..:mrgreen:..I've raced and done

about 6 T.days there.

* I know Ken Hill is the (head) coach at Yamaha Champions School..guy is

GREAT....I did a 1 on 1 day w/him earlier this year...well worth the $$

:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yamaha Champ. at Miller.....by a mile...

* It's Miller ...awesome track and facilities..:mrgreen:..I've raced and done

about 6 T.days there.

* I know Ken Hill is the (head) coach at Yamaha Champions School..guy is

GREAT....I did a 1 on 1 day w/him earlier this year...well worth the $$

:eek:ccasion1
bad ass dude..:eek:ccasion1:bump:I would love to do that school & hit laps @miller the track layout & whole place just looks so epic !:crackup::bump:

·
Registered
332 Posts
kieth Code superbike school would not hold a candle to yamaha Champion School some of the past freddie spencer Track school instructors are part of the champion school at miller IMO pass on the code school waste of time & $ & go to the Yamaha Champion School

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what i was tending to go with. I have been to world superbike at miller the last 2 yrs and it is badass. The track in my opinion is the best the States has to offer. I cant wait! I am so pumped. I will have a shit eating grin under my helmet the whole time.

Thanks guys!

Has anyone else been to the school, let me know what to expect?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Thats what i was tending to go with. I have been to world superbike at miller the last 2 yrs and it is badass. ........

Has anyone else been to the school, let me know what to expect?
Last time I was at Miller I split a garage with 2 guys from Vancouver.....one of

them is pretty damm fast and did the Yamaha school 2 days later.

He should be able to give you good info...

Sent you a pm.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i know they are. Would be cool to ride but i want to get the most for my money, these schools are far from being cheap. I dont care if i ride a donkey as long as they can get me to ride faster and safer and teach me the right way to ride on a track!

California Superbike School is running the BMW S1000RR for '10 :eyecrazy:
Game over.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Mark Sellinger is an instructor out there. He use to race AMA and is the head rider instructor for the MRA. I've heard nothing but good things from everyone who he has coached. I would go to Miller hands down, hell Ben Spies showed up at Miller for a day!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah i know they are. Would be cool to ride but i want to get the most for my money, these schools are far from being cheap. I dont care if i ride a donkey as long as they can get me to ride faster and safer and teach me the right way to ride on a track!
true. However, CSS is also a quality school. They have a great system that WORKS.

·
Registered
332 Posts
true. However, CSS is also a quality school. They have a great system that WORKS.
have heard great things about Miller & yamaha school

I have done all 4 levels kieth code last year & since then have also attended a number of other different track day events & schools all of which have been far better value and learned more then all 4 of kieth code superbike schools put together !

Miller is on my radar screen next year Go for it & give us a report feedback on the yamaha School !

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. I appreciate everyones help. I have made up my mind to do the Yamaha School at Miller. Can hardly wait. Its gonna be great!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've been a cornerworker at the Code school when they have their class at Miller every summer since 2006 (cornerworkers work for free but get to ride sessions with students and own the track at lunchtime).

I haven't taken the class, but I can say I have watched the skill levels of the students increase - sometimes dramatically - by the end of the school.

I haven't been privvy to the Yamaha school - but I've heard it's excellent.

And yes - Miller is a fantastic track. If you go down for a trackday as opposed to a school, resist the temptation to try for a full track session and go for an east or west track day. The full track is a lot to try to take in - I guarantee you'll have more fun learning it half at a time than all at once.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Funny - the new Sport Rider mag showed up in the mail today with a review of the yammie school. Definitely sounds like a great time.

Oh - they do the first day on the east track, and the second on the west. Very cool!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Funny - the new Sport Rider mag showed up in the mail today with a review of the yammie school. Definitely sounds like a great time.

Oh - they do the first day on the east track, and the second on the west. Very cool!
yeaahhh...... ah right your in 4 a treat then yee haaa..... !:thumbsup:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks guys. I appreciate everyones help. I have made up my mind to do the Yamaha School at Miller. Can hardly wait. Its gonna be great!
I am sure that you will have a great time and learn a lot. I'm sure all of the top schools is money well spent. I plan to check out the Schwantz school next year (as well as Code and those BMWs :eek:ccasion1).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts