what is the go what is the benefit?
Looks like a lot of cash??
And 4 what??
:dontknow::dontknow:
:sad::sad:

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Triple tree I dont know much about but switchign it could probably let you use different forks. As for clip ons they can be raised adn lowered and angle adjusted for comfort and personal prefrance.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
clip ons: cheep replacement bars or adjustable height

tripple: if just the top, it's just for looks. If top and bottom it's usually for adjustable offset and increased stiffness.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
clip ons: cheep replacement bars or adjustable height

tripple: if just the top, it's just for looks. If top and bottom it's usually for adjustable offset and increased stiffness.
:+1:...aftermarket clip ons are cheaper to replace just the tube rather than a whole stock assembly IF you're tracking the bike OR wreck alot AND there are also clip ons like the heli's that raise the actual tube a few mm for more comfort.
triples trees are just as miykl said, top only is just for looks/flash but upper and lower units are usually adjustable.
I'd say if you're NOT taking the bike to the track then maybe dump that money into some aftermarket springs for the forks, even for street use, an upgraded and/or dialed in suspension set up makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Triples trees, are obviously connected direct to your forks which then feeding you information through your clip on to your grips.
It's my understanding you get way better feed back as to what the front is doing.

I say this as my buddy has some Dan Kyle triple trees on his 1098 and this is what he has been telling me.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
what is the go what is the benefit?
Looks like a lot of cash??
And 4 what??
:dontknow::dontknow:
:sad::sad:

What is the benefit?

Depends..where do you ride, and how do you ride?

Maybe if you rode in extreme knarly situations...(but then you wouldn't have to ask, because your experience would already tell you).

Looks like a lot of cash? Well, it transforms your bike, and that transformation (for an extreme rider) is such a bargain, they aren't sniveling about the cost.

All revolves around what do you want? If you don't want anything, then the low coast route is do nothing :lol:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Triples trees, are obviously connected direct to your forks which then feeding you information through your clip on to your grips.
It's my understanding you get way better feed back as to what the front is doing.

I say this as my buddy has some Dan Kyle triple trees on his 1098 and this is what he has been telling me.
Not quite...Flat track racers geting around a corner at up to 100 MPH on dirt, have extreme need for feedback...They do it with real handle bars.

So do SuperMoto Racers, and everyone else as far as that goes.

Tell Ya what, put clip-ons on a MotoCross bike, enter a race, see how ya do.

It will be an education. Thingy is...the public road, and what is on it, can toss the most extreme requirements on a biker.

The race track on the other hand...is a closed course, and a surface prepaired for racing safely.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Not quite...Flat track racers geting around a corner at up to 100 MPH on dirt, have extreme need for feedback...They do it with real handle bars.

So do SuperMoto Racers, and everyone else as far as that goes.

Tell Ya what, put clip-ons on a MotoCross bike, enter a race, see how ya do.

It will be an education. Thingy is...the public road, and what is on it, can toss the most extreme requirements on a biker.

The race track on the other hand...is a closed course, and a surface prepaired for racing safely.
So what your saying is they are pretty much useless for street riding?
Even hard canyon/mountain runs?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
So what your saying is they are pretty much useless for street riding?
Even hard canyon/mountain runs?
Clip-ons aren't doing you any favors on the street. As the street gets more demanding (that is the nature of canyons, and getting as aggressive in the canyons as you can) the clip-ons become more and more worse (that might not be proper English, but I was a horrible student in school).

Anyway if the bike is being used on the street..and the rider wants everything possible going for them...Street bars are the hot set-up.

And..several members on this site have used the Spiegler LSL bar kit, on their ZX-10..and posted pictures...so the look is easily seen :eek:ccasion1 (as well as saying what they felt about the change).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks I just seen them listed in all places and I thought it was a wank factor for the road and now I know it is unless you are a god on a bike with no fear of falling down with a crap load of metal cash to crush.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
if you talking triples, the biggest benefit on a 10r is the adjustability to make the bike handle better for the rider or a given type of riding or track.
given they are way stiffer than stock and make the fork really work as there is no flex coming from the triples now, you will find teams running only 2 bolts per side on the lowers to get some feel back vs running all 3 bolts on each side.
I have attack triples and have yet to play with the front end much, but will once i get back to italy and install my ohlins forks.
As i sure this will lighten up the handling a bit without degrading stability.

As for the 1098 the bike front end geometry is way off for track/racing so swapping to the 30 degree offset lets the bike handle as it should and finish off corners.
will be adding them to mine in march. they screwed with the geometry to give the bike a easy to ride around town appraoch vs high demand riding of the track.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts