Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anybody send me the the installation docs for the healtech power box xts01 too a gen 3 I've got the installation docs for the xtk01 but can't get it to work or install from them docs
[email protected]
Thks

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,758 Posts
Why would you be installing a cordless stapler on your bike?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,758 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you buy one that has been used on another bike would you have too reset it too factory settings before it worked OK

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,758 Posts
If you buy one that has been used on another bike would you have too reset it too factory settings before it worked OK
No. It has nothing like that in it. There's nothing that can be reset or tuned per bike like you're describing. It plugs in and that's it. All the unit does is trick the ECU into thinking it's in neutral all the time to enable the "neutral fueling map" while passing the gear input to the instrument cluster so you don't see "N" displayed all the time. The debate on whether the unit does anything powerwise running with the neutral map has been going on for over a decade.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are right I've just bought a xts01 and can't get it to function on the dash iam not getting the gear Indicator display and some times it will come up with the number 6 whilst riding and then go off plus I've got the f1 light on code 39 been in touch with healtech and they've told me it's the wrong model xtk01 is for zx10r but the lad who sold me it said he had it on his zx10r with no problems just wondering if he is bullshiting or it had to be reset with the jumper plug

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,758 Posts
Are right I've just bought a xts01 and can't get it to function on the dash iam not getting the gear Indicator display and some times it will come up with the number 6 whilst riding and then go off plus I've got the f1 light on code 39 been in touch with healtech and they've told me it's the wrong model xtk01 is for zx10r but the lad who sold me it said he had it on his zx10r with no problems just wondering if he is bullshiting or it had to be reset with the jumper plug
According to the documents, it should be the XTK version for the Gen 3 and the ZX-6R. The XTS version doesn't list the Kawi. I'm not sure if the other unit will work. Did the previous owner use it on an 08-10 ZX-10R? Or a Gen 1/2 version? It maybe compatible with the older ones and not the Gen 3. Did he provide you with the extra wiring harness to connect it to the gear position sensor?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Said that he had taken it of a gen 3 and i got the extra harness and I've fitted it to the instructions and still doesn't work it blinks once like it should but does not come up with the number 6 on the gear Indicator like it should as the installation says I've connected the two plugs from the unit to the correct wires out of the grey connector socket under the tank and connected the blk/green and blk/wte too the brown/redstripe from the ecu and gear ind is blank and f1 light still flashing

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,758 Posts
Said that he had taken it of a gen 3 and i got the extra harness and I've fitted it to the instructions and still doesn't work it blinks once like it should but does not come up with the number 6 on the gear Indicator like it should as the installation says I've connected the two plugs from the unit to the correct wires out of the grey connector socket under the tank and connected the blk/green and blk/wte too the brown/redstripe from the ecu and gear ind is blank and f1 light still flashing
Did you happen to verify it's actually a Gen 3 he installed it on? If he bought an '07 in '08, he may have it incorrect. Either way, I think you need to just go through the directions between the 2 units and match up the wire colors to see if maybe he did the same to get it to work. It might not be a straight connection since it's not the correct unit.

You can try resetting it to factory, but all that will do is change the default map setting. That don't expect that to resolve your main issue here, but won't hurt either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes definitely a gen 3 09 reg I've taken it off the bike now and going to put heatshrink connectors on still got me f1 light flashing but I've double checked the wiring colour and there is no doubt the right ones

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorted did a factory reset and connected the wires from the grey socket the opposite way to what healtech tell you to and seems to be working fine plus the f1 light has done one thks again for your input

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,758 Posts
Sorted did a factory reset and connected the wires from the grey socket the opposite way to what healtech tell you to and seems to be working fine plus the f1 light has done one thks again for your input
Well, I would say that you solved the problem with that! Nicely done! Enjoy it!

FYI - it's an FI light, not an F1 light. Fault Indication or Fuel Injection. ;):p

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the input tho that's the second time you have hlp 👍ha and winds you up with the f1 or should i say f l light 😂😂

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,758 Posts
Thanks for the input tho that's the second time you have hlp 👍ha and winds you up with the f1 or should i say f l light 😂😂
the f1 thing has me triggered! :cautious:o_O :D

·
Registered
Gen 1 Spark Black and HP4 Competition.
201 Posts
Haha SkyDorks favourite combination, it's been a while since F1s reared its head

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,758 Posts
Haha SkyDorks favourite combination, it's been a while since F1s reared its head

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Grrrr....:rolleyes::oops::cautious:o_O:devilish:

Yeah, I get agitated way too much over something so petty. But I do! :D:p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts