Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need a bit of help to get these plugged correctly...for some reason they aren't working correctly :dontknow:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone else have this issue with the 05 zx10's?

·
Registered
226 Posts
i just got those too for my 06 and had the same problems. they are deffinately not a plug and play system. i just ended up removing the factory headlight harness plugs and soldering on some aftermarket 2 pin connectors. then i did the same on the pin side of the harness for the lights. after that they worked great. oh, and you will have to change your fuse to a 15 amp so it wont blow with the highs on.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
You probably need to reverse the pins. The ones that lead directly to the headlight bulb.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yes flip the plugs... same thing happened to me on my 08!

·
Registered
284 Posts
very tight squeeze on my 07 but with strong grip they will work.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
problem solved! thanks guys!

·
Registered
356 Posts
All you have to do if flip the plug around where it connects to the ballast. It's a known issue.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yeah i have a bit of a problem with my kit also :sad:

Got one off Ebay ages ago & each time it rained or i washed the bike they would not come on when starting the bike ..Then i brought a kit from StarRotors thinking that might solve the problem but same thing happens for weeks after :angryfire
Start the bike up & no low beam light then restart the bike & it comes on 2nd time starting it sometimes it takes a few starts though :headshake

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they do have to warm up for 10 mins though, fyi! says so in the little instructions! HA! can only do that if you have the bike running....otherwise it will kill!

·
Registered
356 Posts
And FYI guys... you should have these connect to a relay from the head light switch then + and - from the relay and the other pin on the relay to power the ballasts. Otherwise you'll burn out the factory switch and wiring and you'll have yourself quite the headache! Here's and idea of how to wire it (*IGNORE the specified wire colors for tapping into, they are for a different vehicle*):

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just received and installed my DDM HIDs. When I hooked them up I had no light on either bulb. I did some searching and found this post. I had to swap the wires on both sides just like it says below. Once I did this the lights started working fine. The low beam is rock solid and turns on fine everytime. The high beam seems to be a little more intermittent. Sometimes it will fire right up and sometimes it will flicker and go out. Not sure what's going on but I will see how it goes for the next few weeks.

Awesome post by the way WhatARush! Saved me a lot of cussing.

Brad

I put them I my 07. Don't know if same wife colors but. I went to look and the low beam harness has blue wire connected to red wire on HID side with black/yellow wire to black wire on HID side. The high beam has red wire connected to red wire on HID side with black/yellow wire to black side on HID side. The wires on the bulbs can only go one way because the plugs have different plugs on each side.

Damn my shit is dirty

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
i have DDM's and I have never had problems once I flipped the plugs over

1 - 15 of 15 Posts