Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you need to purchase the Microsoft live or whatever it's called to do Netflix streaming? I have a Netflix account but no Wifi adapter for the XBOX 360, plus my son only plays his PS3 box now so wanting to get a cheap Wifi solution which I have read on the internet there is a way other than paying the $99 Microsoft wants.............but I forgot I paid every year for Microsoft Internet live game access.... and if it's true, do I still need to pay every year just for the Netflix access or is that free for just owning a XBOX 360 with Internet access?.....if not I may just get rid of this box :dontknow:.......thanks in advance.

bloo

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have mine ran with a network cable to my router so you dont have to use wifi but you do have to have the microsoft gold membership to use netflix if I remember correctly. I tried it but didnt use it much.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have mine ran with a network cable to my router so you dont have to use wifi but you do have to have the microsoft gold membership to use netflix if I remember correctly. I tried it but didnt use it much.
That's what I was afraid of.....anyone else that can confirm this?....as far as network cable that is no problem for me but where I want to mount the Xbox I would rather use WiFi.....thanks

bloo

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yep, it's true. Sorry to break balls :(

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, it's true. Sorry to break balls :(
Yeah if true than I am wasting my time trying to get the Xbox WiFi ready because I won't pay for a year subscription for Netflix access when other boxes do it for free now. :headshake:badteeth:...........I guess someone is going to get a nice Xbox soon with many games and controllers. :badteeth:

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Yeah if true than I am wasting my time trying to get the Xbox WiFi ready because I won't pay for a year subscription for Netflix access when other boxes do it for free now. :headshake:badteeth:...........I guess someone is going to get a nice Xbox soon with many games and controllers. :badteeth:
Well, on another note, if you do get xbox live, you get ESPN3 on there, you can watch just about all the games live from your xbox on Sundays, I watched 6 games on it today. Or any day the sport you like to watch is on. And the ESPN3 is free. Netflix is only 4 dollars a month for me, not nearly as much as it would cost me to gas and go to Blockbuster and pay 4.83 per movie and have to then return it.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, on another note, if you do get xbox live, you get ESPN3 on there, you can watch just about all the games live from your xbox on Sundays, I watched 6 games on it today. Or any day the sport you like to watch is on. And the ESPN3 is free. Netflix is only 4 dollars a month for me, not nearly as much as it would cost me to gas and go to Blockbuster and pay 4.83 per movie and have to then return it.
don't think your reading what I was asking :dontknow: .....I have Xbox live and Netflix until the year is up(only Xbox live Netflix is every year).....my son gave up on this box using something different I thought I could save it by using it for Netflix streaming only but found out by some members I still need to pay membership fees.

bloo

·
Gen3
824 Posts
I don't know how the xbox setup is but on my ps3 its linked to my wireless router and my netflix plays through it with the $9/month membership. I get 1 movie at home and unlimited watch instant time. With the ps3 i don't have to pay anything to be apart of the playstation network either.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know how the xbox setup is but on my ps3 its linked to my wireless router and my netflix plays through it with the $9/month membership. I get 1 movie at home and unlimited watch instant time. With the ps3 i don't have to pay anything to be apart of the playstation network either.
I think the PS3 you have to get a disk from Netflix but not sure if you have to always have it in the player.....With XBox you never needed a disk :dontknow: will try it soon but it still seems the Xbox is not usefull anymore other than a DVD player for me. :badteeth:

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
The newer PS3 do not need the disc you are referring to. I have 2 ps3's, one of the older 60gb and one of the newer ones, the old one I have to use the netflix disc but not the new one, it works just like how the xbox one does cept for a little faster.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Oh and yes, with the PS3 that needs the disc, it has to remain in there while you're accessing Netflix.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
guess I have the older PS3 that needs the disk....no matter that's my sons anyway used in a different room.... thanks to this thread I will just get another Netflix Compatible device that requires no disk, no subscription with Xbox, and WiFi compatible/Standard not just Ethernet cable only and plays DVDs.....if anyone knows something like that let me know please. :lol:

bloo

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
The Wii, you can use Netflix without having to pay for getting online. NVM, you said standard WiFi....it's not standard on the Wii, add on accessory just like the xbox

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have all three wii ps3 and xbox. I watch all my netflix through the Xbox box. The quality is waaaaay better. I always lose my signal strength through the other two. My brother has a blue ray player with internet access and he does it through that he says it works great.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I don't think it's any different, my older PS3 needs the disc but my newer PS3 doesn't need one.
Thats wierd, i have a release day 60g PS3 and a 250g newer one and they both dont need the disk? As long as you update your PS3 it will work just fine, its just a program you download to your PS3.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts