Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy either an x10 or x11.......intermediate rider but looking to better myself.....any suggestions on better bike?

·
Registered
667 Posts
an 11 will have all you need and most of what you want as an intermediate rider & is less $$. My wife has an old 85 GPZ900 & even though I love my 10 I get a kick out of riding it also.

give an 11 a go for awhile, maybe a summer......then if you feel the urge sell it ( if you keep it in good shape you may not lose a cent on it) and find a good used 10.

If you have little self-control, do yourself & your family a favor, dont get either
one.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
The early ZX10 & ZX11 series's are a bit long in the tooth, not up to modern standards and probably will be needing more comprhensive service to be all it could be. Don't get me wrong I had both a '90 ZX11 and '84 GPZ 900 and REALLY liked them at the time. Ofcourse it's your decision but to better yourself, your skills, and to become more familiar with todays bikes capabilities maybe you should think about something a bit more contemparary :dontknow:

·
Registered
250 Posts
your joking right :)
Im new to bike riding and was wondering what the big diff between the 10 and 11.. of course me being a beginner i opted for the old school, 92 zx11.. actually got two for the price of one from a family member for 2 grande! I couldnt pass that up. so the first time I rode on it I was hooked and I couldnt believe how well it handled even for such an old bike and its pretty fast too. anyways back to the question, whats the diff between the two? And what years of the bikes makes the big diff? thanx!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts