Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I"ll be installing this tomorrow (Sunday) and will have some detailed thoughts about the mod. I have logged over 8,000 miles on the bike in stock trim, so needless to say, my butt is pretty calibrated to the stock performance and I should be able to detect a difference in power delivery in the lower RPMs.

In the meanwhile, before anyone puts up a :ttiwwop: sign, here are some of the bike being prepped for install tomm. Oh, i also be putting in a BMC race air filter!

Bike being prepped

Poser shot of 10r's stable mate

What my stock looked like.

XTRE thoughts coming tomm! :helmet:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
your going to see a diff. with the NEW Filter alone so your results will be skewed :wink: :lol:

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Sweet but unfortunately I can't stop drooling over the MV!!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
lmao i was thinking that too hahaha
...and I just don't say that blindly. I had a slip-on with stock dirty filter and when I replaced it with a BMC street actually gained 5hp...although a week apart on the dyno it was the same conditions and Dyno plus time of day, and same operator and I did feel the extra if that's possible once I had that combo meaning a clean Filter and a Slip-on.

bloo

·
Registered
178 Posts
any update spiegel

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so i installed the TRE and that was a success; i only tried the hard setting in 6th gear; I went on a 5 min jaunt in 40 degree weather so I didn't want to push going fast or anything right out of the neighborhood. Overall, in partial throttle, it does seem like its got a bit more oomph ; its nothing overwhelming where the surge of power is gonna kill you; it just seems like its a bit more willing to haul. When I get out in the twisties on a proper day, i'll be able to evaluate it further... If you got a spare 100 something bucks, it can't hurt, but i dont feel like its a MUST DO mod...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well, where are the install pics???

:ttiwwop:

:lol:

·
Registered
319 Posts
I installed the X-TRE last weekend and went for a long ride. I'm good on turns and after 1000 miles on the ussual roads I got used to the bike. After installing the TRE set on hard, I had some trouble with throttle control in the turns. I took a couple minutes to set it to soft, and for my style of riding it worked better. In my opinion, hard is a good setting for drag racing. Installation was easy, 30-45 minutes.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
unfortunately, as the instructions call for splicing wires from the ECU, i was too pre-occupied with that and forgot to take pics LOL.

The weather is not good enough to ride for me and i haven't had a chance to do a proper outing so i can't comment as to whether 6th gear setting makes it twitchy or not.. I def think that the hard setting makes partial response act more responsive and powerful, i'll be doing some back to back tests with the TRE off and in Hard mode when the weather clears up

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sooo i sucked up and layered up and went on a quick ride in the twisties. I feel like the TRE is a worthwhile mod as it seems have done a good job in waking up the lower end. I can only imagine what the result will be once a bazzaz + full exhaust is combined with this mod, way too much power!

Partial throttle is definitely a bit more sensitive and just wants to keep going faster, whereas previously you had to provide a bit more throttle turn to get going in similar circumstances (in stock form). It climbs thru the revs pretty damn quick. I have NOT felt any hesitation or jumpiness/stutter in the twisties for gas off/gas on especially mid corner. And i am in 6th gear setting (hard).

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
your going to see a diff. with the NEW Filter alone so your results will be skewed :wink: :lol:
:iamwithst couldnt agree anymore. i troubleshot my friends shitty performance to a bad air filter and what a dif it made.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You know what guys, I have a full Akrapovic, and a PC3, and my bike fucking rocks!! I don't want to change a thing.,:eyecrazy:

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
spikespiegel, is your bike stock other than the a/f and tre? did you do secondarie removal while you had it apart? or do you even plan on doing this mod? i'm assuming if so its best to wait and do with fuel management, is this correct? thanks

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have my secondaries intact, the only other mod is a bmc race air filter as mentioned. The XTRE manual says NOT to remove secondaries if you use their TRE...

·
Registered
176 Posts
i have my secondaries intact, the only other mod is a bmc race air filter as mentioned. The XTRE manual says NOT to remove secondaries if you use their TRE...
I read somewhere on the forum about this as well. I understood if you have the 2nd gen 10R and you want to remove the secondaries you should just use the GIpro w/ATRE as a gear indicator and to set the ATRE to neutral. I am sure I have that confused because I am not TOO confident about the validity of my post.
By the way...are ATRE and XTRE basically the same thing?:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
You know what guys, I have a full Akrapovic, and a PC3, and my bike fucking rocks!! I don't want to change a thing.,:eyecrazy:

:+1:
Pretty straight forward bolt on parts that make a HUGE difference and sounds great.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
thanks for the response. i guess if i would have taken mine out of the package i could have read that. my bad. stocking up on my goodies to do a one time install. :mrgreen:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts