Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
It's a nice bike. My bro has an 03 and it's a lot different riding position then my 10R and my 6R. It still has a grip of power and it definitly wants to get up and go.

·
Registered
413 Posts
The new 06-07 is a very nice bike. I almost bought one in fact. The looks are the best ever for Suzuki IMO and their 750 has always been good. Plus ya gotta love the gear position indicator, mirror-mounted turnsignals, under-engine exhaust, projector headlight, and its got a great motor.....

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I've ridden one few days ago. We swapped bikes with my mate so I could also see how I did with it against my own bike. I must admit it is much easier to ride then a 10R, feels lighter and turns better (maybe it is the 180 rear tyre) and on the roads we tested the bikes, the gixxer 750 made my bike look useless and pointless. I could see my bike wheelspinning and braking early to take the corners whereas I spent less effort went faster on the 750 (nothing new here, most riders will experience the same). Now if you do alot of trackdays or ride on roads that do not have long straights to make use of the 1000 then I'd definitely recommend the gixxer 750 or even a 600.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My friend as one and i think its a very nice bike nice lines and u gotta love that exhaust, i think that if kawasaki had a 750 there would be a lot of potential buyers out there...

·
Registered
553 Posts
If I had a few more dollars I would pick one up. I like the 04-05's, I have an 04 gsxr600 that I love its my track bike. I also like the dark blue 07 750. Maybe Kawi will come out with an 08ZX8r.:badteeth:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
what year ya talkin about here? i thought there a nice halfway between 600 and 1000cc. suzuki did a good job there. i wish that w the 636 outta the way that kawi would follow their lead. imagine a zx-750? i would be like a diet version of the zx10r of coarse.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
my sis has one, and her boyfriend races it. he won a 1000cc production class race on it, so that should vouch for their performance. its really a bitchin bike, i think. i like havin the power of the 1k, but that 750 feels a TON smaller, and more flickable as a result. if i could afford a second bike, it'd be the black one for sure.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
That its a very great bike. Its perfect size for the street and track. If you want to ride turns hard, do wheelies, or whatever it has enough power for all of it.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Why Kawi doesnt bring back the 750 is beyond me.. I'd sell my 10 at the drop of a hat to get another Kawi 750.....
First of all racing affects production models. There is no popular 750cc racing category (only one I know is Suzuki one make series). Second of all it's like saying I like blonds and I like asians so I'll marry a blond asian. Just because it's in between two major displacements doesn't mean it's the best of both worlds. It is the best compromise, but if you know what you want then you don't need to compromise :wink: Having said all this gixxer 750 is still a great bike.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Well the racing thing is a nice scape goat..but explain the 636...it doesnt "race" in anything major. In fact it gets bumped up out of the supersport (600 cc) class on the local racing circuits. BUT Kawi still sells a boat load of them. Yes it is the production base for the 600cc RR bike BUT still how hard could it be to shoe horn a 750 in that Frame..or the 10rs frame...It's obvious to me that the want to make something with a lil more power..hence the 636cc motor..stop foolin around and just make a darn 750.:badteeth:

I personally find the 10r way too much for the average wanna be racer...<---(read ME :lol: :hello: ) I was just as quick on my old 750 (just down on straight line speed) as I am on my 10 and I did it with a lot less problems controling the bike. (Damned 10r is always trying to spit me off..LOL) It's just my preference is all. I know Kawi didnt sell a boat load of 7R's in the 2000-2003 years..But it was kind of their fault by then the bike had been around for 8 years unchanged..over weight and underpowered. I say if they bring in a 750 motor that is about the same weight as the current 6R (just like the GSX-750) Kawi would sell a boat load of them.. I know I'd be the first in line to get one..

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Yes it is personaly choice and I got nothing to say to that but remember the when the first 636 came out, all competitors called Kawi a cheater cause Kawi's 600 could not compete with others so they bumped up the displacement. Not like they had a perfect 600 and still released a 636, it wasn't like that. Yes it sold plenty cause no matter what the displacement is there is always demand for every model as you can see from the number of gixxer 750s sold, someone can release a 680 and it'd still sell. It's all personal choice but for me a 750 is not necessary.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts