Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sold

Vanson Cobra mk2 Riding jacket

I wore this 6 times. It is not broken in and still smells like fresh leather. It has hard armor in the back, elbows and shoulders, not soft. It fits size 56-58 chest (3xl tshirt size). It is perforated for airflow.

There are no defects or cosmetic issues. It is LNIB. I opted out of the red filling for the trademark star and had green white red added for the sleeves and accents. This jacket cost me over 1000 dollars.

I know it's a long shot to find anyone who is looking for this size riding jacket but I am offering it at a steal for 250 +paypal fees and actual shipping.

Vanson Leathers Inc. - Detail1 - COS2 - Cobra Mark 2 Star - Mens - Vanson Leathers Inc.

These pictures aren't great, but the jacket is flawless. I'm in central CT if anyone wants to try it on.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Damn dude. I'll snatch that up before long if some other fatty doesn't come and take it. Just don't have the cash at the moment.

Can I get a sleeve length estimate? I'm very interested!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey man.

I just used a tape measure and measured from the armpit to the end of the sleeve and it was just shy of 21 inches. I measured my arm from the armpit to the end of my rist and it was just over 19 inches. The jacket fit me right so I'm not sure the measurement is the same with the jacket on or off. The sleeves didn't bother me. They weren't short or too long. I did wear gauntlet style gloves and wrist length gloves, both without any problems with the jacket.

Hope that helps.

Also I'm 6'3" 310ish more football lineman body type. The waist does have a velcro system for letting it in and out an inch or two. The chest size is what is important as you can't adjust for that. I know that vanson will do alterations as well, so they can take it down to your size if it's too big.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'm a few inches shorter, but my arms are about that length I believe. The chest would probably be right on for me. Why did you decide to sell the jacket?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Without going into to much specifics, I have vision complications due to diabetes.

I don't ride, or drive anymore.

The jacket is the last thing I have from when I rode, I've been trying to sell it for a lot more money, but now its time for it to go.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Without going into to much specifics, I have vision complications due to diabetes.

The jacket is the last thing I have from when I rode, I've been trying to sell it for a lot more money, but now its time for it to go.

Brother I feel bad for anyone that has health issues that forces them to no longer ride. I'm fighting that same battle these days myself. I refuse to quit regardless what some idiot doctor has to say about it. Hell if I listened to those morons I might as well crawl into a hole and pull the dirt over my head!

Brother keep fighting to live your life your way !

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts

Sorry to hear that :frown2:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the sympathy. Not riding has left me with that adrenaline addiction of high speed runs and twisty's that nothing else can satisfy. I don't wish it on anyone.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Thanks for the sympathy. Not riding has left me with that adrenaline addiction of high speed runs and twisty's that nothing else can satisfy. I don't wish it on anyone.
Well, it's not much, but hopefully me, or someone else can get that sweet jacket back out there.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wish you were here in CT. I'm sure if you tried it on and felt the difference in quality and thickness of the leather between this jacket and the typical stuff you see at cycle gear your decision would be a lot easier.

This is solid, you can tell as soon as it slides over your shoulders that its a legit piece of equipment. I said that in my best salesman voice.

Seriously, this is a nice jacket for a third of what it would cost new. I truly only wore it about 5 or 6 times at bike nights to show it off. It's never seen the ground or anything like that, I would say it's as close to new as possible and not broken in or stretched at all. Also the price includes shipping and this is a big jacket. Shipping via ups will cost anywhere from 30 to 50 bucks I'm guessing. I would sell it for 300 plus actual shipping, but like I said, I'm pretty sure that is going to be close to 50 anyway.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I wish you were here in CT. I'm sure if you tried it on and felt the difference in quality and thickness of the leather between this jacket and the typical stuff you see at cycle gear your decision would be a lot easier.

This is solid, you can tell as soon as it slides over your shoulders that its a legit piece of equipment. I said that in my best salesman voice.

Seriously, this is a nice jacket for a third of what it would cost new. I truly only wore it about 5 or 6 times at bike nights to show it off. It's never seen the ground or anything like that, I would say it's as close to new as possible and not broken in or stretched at all. Also the price includes shipping and this is a big jacket. Shipping via ups will cost anywhere from 30 to 50 bucks I'm guessing. I would sell it for 300 plus actual shipping, but like I said, I'm pretty sure that is going to be close to 50 anyway.
Oh, I want it, and am pretty sure it would be a great fit. It's not everyday that you find a good deal on something like this when you are my size. Just trying to figure out how to justify it and keep my marriage together at the same time :2bitchslap:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
My leathers are Vanson and there's no comparison in the quality between Vanson and 99% of all the rest out there. They are made to fit AMERICANS not Asian midgets !! I've owned 3 or 4 sets of Alpine Stars and they don't come close. Not that A Star don't make some great stuff they do, but the average Joe can't even order it. The suits that top racers wear share nothing with the shit they sell Joe Public ! The stuff you and I can buy from Vanson is the EXACT SAME QUALITY as they provide to the racers they sponsor.. The only gripe I have ever had with my Vanson leathers is they take time to wear in and soften up !! But once they do they fit like butter!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice looking jacket. Looks like it matches my solar yellow gen 2 at that. And I'm pretty sure my fat behind, 6' 325lb self could fit it. Smh, grrrrr. And of course I would see this after I broke down and spent my money on some cans, calipers, and windscreen.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Nice looking jacket. Looks like it matches my solar yellow gen 2 at that. And I'm pretty sure my fat behind, 6' 325lb self could fit it. Smh, grrrrr. And of course I would see this after I broke down and spent my money on some cans, calipers, and windscreen.
I'd do it anyway. I was taking some measurements, and think it might be a little big on me. Still at this price could afford to send it in for a a trim.

But you sir, on your solar yellow, must have this jacket. Pull the trigger. Do it. Do it. Do it!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Very close to my body size. This will fit you. If It makes it any easier I'll do it for 300 shipped but that is the lowest I'll go. I'd rather put it on a fire then loose close to 800 bucks on it.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
OP, what is your chest measurement and how is the length of the jacket on your frame? Maybe I missed it but I don't see the jacket size-just that it fits like a 56-58 or 3xl shirt. I usually wear a 3xlt shirt but have a 54" chest.

I'm 6'6" 305 and looking at the Vanson website trying to see what size I might go for. Thanks for the link BTW.

Very sorry about your vision troubles. That's no fun. I hope you can find another way to get your adrenaline kicks.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I'm 6'3 310.

My chest is 54 but was custom fit at vanson for this jacket and they selected a 56-58 chest jacket because of the hard armor in the back and shoulders. The jacket had good length but wasn't too long which is what you want. If it's too long in bunches up in front of the tank.

I wear a 3xlt shirt from the big and tall size. Not a fake 3xl shirt that doesn't fit because it's cut by thin standards. If that is your size this jacket should fit just right. Not tight, not droopy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts