Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok.
Turning the 10r into a full on race bike for the coming summer.

Grocery list:
dunlop gpa 211 medium compound
TSE suspension mods/tuning
Revalved damper
Tightails gauge mount and subframe
CRC fairings w/windscreen
EBC brake pads
45tf Race fairing brackets
45tf Regulator bracket
Ladybird slip on (tri-oval)
driven grips
Vortex 7 degree clip-ons
Leo Vince Fast 2 fuel/ignition system
Leo Vince Fast shift
1/5 Rifleman's insert
Venhill brake lines
GB case covers
Evotech radiator guard
Protek swingarm spools

Please feel free to comment good/bad or indifferent.

Tear down:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,164 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
What's so special about the vortex 7 degree clip-ons? Over say Renthals ?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lv can be tuned in a dyno this spring and supports the quickshifter; also got a real good deal on it. Guhls flash is great but the lv as s piggyback will dial it in perfectly
Had the forks serviced and doing something with the shock
A race shop I buy parts from got me a good deal on the vortexes
Nothing against rental just didn't want to ruin or replace stock parts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
just didn't want to ruin or replace stock parts
Elaborate please. This is of interest to me as I am getting ready to buy a set. What does the vortex offer that the Renthals don't?

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
GB covers. They're cheap, and work extremely well.
Agreed, I would go this route over the CF covers just because they can withstand more sliding than the CF. My bike didn't slide down the road too far and my Yoshi case savers were ground down quite a bit. I don't want to think what could have happened if I didn't have them. The starter and timing cover need all the protection they can get if you are going to be doing spirited road riding (the loop:mrgreen:) or trackdays/racing.

I'm actually considering upgrading my Yoshi savers for the GB in the near future.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Lv can be tuned in a dyno this spring and supports the quickshifter; also got a real good deal on it. Guhls flash is great but the lv as s piggyback will dial it in perfectly
Had the forks serviced and doing something with the shock
A race shop I buy parts from got me a good deal on the vortexes
Nothing against rental just didn't want to ruin or replace stock parts
So it's not a grocery list but a list of stuff you already have.

You can tune with the Guhl software can you not and they have a QS for it now too. I'm only asking because a rear linkage would be a better investment than more electronics that aren't really necessary.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
What's so special about the vortex 7 degree clip-ons? Over say Renthals ?
There's nothing special about the renthals other than the markings. You can pay less for clipons that are just as durable but don't look as fancy.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
There's nothing special about the renthals other than the markings. You can pay less for clipons that are just as durable but don't look as fancy.
Thanks again dricked. I understand the markings are purposeful (take the guess out of adjustability) and not just for good looks. At a buck fifty, are the other brands much cheaper?

·
Registered
43 Posts
woodcraft makes very durable, affordable handle bars. We've used them on our race bikes for years. Bike looks good. Look forward to seeing more.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
They're $200 list price and others are usually $50 cheaper and replacement bars cost twice as much as regular blanks (they can be used in the renthal clipon though).
Buck fifty through Mike @ RD.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I have some parts and need others yet; just didn't want a bunch of posts about what I have it plan on getting
Quite happy with the lv piggyback
A rear link would be nice, thanks for the suggestion
Paint is grabber green and gloss black; similar to stock 2012 paint scheme
Clipons were not $150
Any recommendations for slicks?
I have warmers

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Buck fifty through Mike @ RD.
Ok well then others should be $50 less, which was my point and I also said "list" as in suggested retail.

Your going to get 10,000 suggestions on tires. Use whatever is available trackside from a vendor. There's very little markup on tires so your "deals" will be very small in savings and having their advice on pressures and compounds as well as free mounting/flipping (usually the case) is worth the extra few dollars per set. On that note....dunlop. The fronts last forever, rears grip till they're ready to explode and they're predictable when they're worn, IMHO of course.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts