Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont consider myself a old guy, 29 this year, but seriously wtf is going on with this newer generation. So I am driving through my neighborhood and this kid no older than 16 runs out of his yard in front of my car and I slam on the brakes to avoid hitting him. He looks and me and runs towards me screaming f-u and I will f-ing kill you if you hit me. I drive off thinking wow, let me stop and talk to his parents on the way back and see how they want to handle this issue. They just blow it off saying that "oh thats just the way he is." I say to them sorry I dont think you should just blow the off, as that is a serious threat. Some people may not be as calm as I am when he says that to them. Long story short, I end up filing a formal complaint with the sheriffs office, who just tell me to call them back if he does it again. Sorry for the rant but when I was younger I did some stupid stuff, hell I still do stupid stuff, but telling a complete stranger that you are going kill them is too far. :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Hmm...young kids being cocky and trying to act tough? I've never heard of that...

Kids now days just seem to know how to run their mouths, but when it comes to it most of them cry with a good pinch...

Next time rev it up a little in neutral then take off and stop short, get out of the car and see what he does.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Well i'm 51 and i can guarandamnteeeya I wonder WTF a dozen times a day, but yes i've had similar encounters with people crossing the street at stop lights (but they wait till your light turns green and then step out and cross) and they bring an atttitude just like this kid you encountered, the nasty stares, language just lookin for trouble.

BD

·
Registered
835 Posts
Cuz the stupid Gov't has decided you can't properly "correct" your childrens attitude...
so now they take it with them to the streets....
Sorry state of affairs....:dontknow:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I don't know what everyone thinks but I blame the parents for the way their kids act sure the kids can think for themselves but it all boils down to the parent's teaching them, as in this case they just blew it off like it was nothing. Again I blame it on the parenting skills that these kids have. just my 2 cents

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
If theyd get thier ass beat every now and again for entertainment that would stop alot of this nonsense...
:+1: when i was a kid we got whippins...not one came undeservingly.....i think i turned out alright:dontknow: good ass beaten always cures what ails ya

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I don't know what everyone thinks but I blame the parents for the way their kids act sure the kids can think for themselves but it all boils down to the parent's teaching them, as in this case they just blew it off like it was nothing. Again I blame it on the parenting skills that these kids have. just my 2 cents
I'll add my :2cents: and make it 4 :+1:

BD

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cmon guys, maybe I am over reacting here, but I think that they are not taking this seriously as I could have shot this kid or something, think about it, its dark out and someone runs at screaming i will f-ing kill you waving their arms.

·
Registered
381 Posts
:+1: when i was a kid we got whippins...not one came undeservingly.....i think i turned out alright:dontknow: good ass beaten always cures what ails ya
I'm 27 and I received my share of ass-beatings! In fact, I'd say, my dad still owes me a few. A "time-out" was what my dad took after he was done painting my back porch red!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Seems to be the LEO's that aren't takin' serious.....:dontknow:

·
Just trolling
2,618 Posts
Man i hear ya. Im almost 20. i got a sister thats 13. and this dude called her 48 times. calling her all these shitty names and shes never met him got her cell # off some other dude dk. but i went and had a little talk with him (hes 13/14) and had a lil friend with him. all i did was go to tell them to stop calling her or id call the cops. well i walk up there and their 2 little white gangsta kids. lol. i told him them to stop and the little shit swung at me. HE SWUNG AT ME. of course i cldnt rly do anything i kinda just grabbed his arm and put it behind him than his little friend swung at me and hit me lmao. i got hit by a 13 yr old. i was laughing so hard. so he pulled a gun....an air soft gun. which really looked like a real gun at first it was quite a night. i cldnt beleive it.:lol:

·
Registered
835 Posts
It's all a video game to them....bang bang you're dead...haha!
Until someone pulls out a real one..... in self defense ; and wacks the little bastard and goes
to jail forever....where the hell were Mommy and Daddy ?????
It's gettin' scarey out there....
(I remember Daddy's belt, and Mommy's hairbrush quite well (had a few of those on the backside, ha! ....seems they did the job.lol!)

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
It's all about attitude. They teach it in the schools. They teach it in the music. They teach it in Saturday morning cartoons. They teach in TV ads, print ads. Crossed arms, pouting faces, smart mouthed answers.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a son as well, and even although he is just a kid now I couldn't imagine loosing him because he did some stupid like that. Cmon now running at a random passerby screaming I'll f-ing kill you, that just asking for more than an ass whooping.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Bugs Bunny and Elmer went at it every day and we never thought about tryin' it for real.....
No parenting = no social responsibiltyno manners/no respect (NO CLASS...)
So what do we do now that they're "protected" by "law" ????:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Sorry but that does not constitute an immanent threat, his threat was conditional and it rested on your action. That’s way the sheriffs told you next time. But you shouldn’t expect much from his parents, because they actually raised that child. Sooner or later, he is going to get it form someone that is not as civil as you are.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Try sitting in a college class and have a kid, 19~20, walk in and say he wants to kill everyone in the class, then takes his finger and starts "shooting" people. And nothing was done to him by the administration or instructor as a result of his actions.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts