Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one off of a crashed or parted bike? I don't need the whole fixture, I just want to replace my hi-beam projector with a low beam projector.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I did this to my second gen and love it. It looks like the second gen uses the same projectors as the third gen. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
so you can run dual low beams and not blind people with the high beam.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did this to my second gen and love it. It looks like the second gen uses the same projectors as the third gen. Just food for thought.
Thanks for the heads up, may come in handy.

What's the purpose of this? Make the lights not so bright? Just curious
so you can run dual low beams and not blind people with the high beam.
Exactly. As of now I ride with my stock high beam on, for vision and to make sure people see me (I live in a city and poor drivers are everywhere). I just ordered HID's and I figured the regular beams would suffice for both purposes, and the high beam will probably beam obnoxious and downright dangerous for other drivers.

That being said, I couldn't find another low beam projector cheap enough in time so I went ahead and ordered the high beam HID. We'll see how that works out next season.

P.S. I also like the look of dual headlights much better.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, may come in handy.

Exactly. As of now I ride with my stock high beam on, for vision and to make sure people see me (I live in a city and poor drivers are everywhere). I just ordered HID's and I figured the regular beams would suffice for both purposes, and the high beam will probably beam obnoxious and downright dangerous for other drivers.

That being said, I couldn't find another low beam projector cheap enough in time so I went ahead and ordered the high beam HID. We'll see how that works out next season.

P.S. I also like the look of dual headlights much better.
All you will have to do is buy an h11 bulb to use in the low beam projector that you get in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts