Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
parts

I have ordered the HeliBars for the 2006 to 2010 ZX10 # TS04072-KA. If you have the correct bars # HB2410 I still am interested in them and will sell the ones I have on order.
I will post up what I had to do to make the later ones fit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the link.
After talking with the person at HeliBars, she said the difference between the 04/05 and the 06 to 10 was the drilled holes for the switch gear. She said that because it was a solid bar, drilling other holes would not hurt the strength of them, so that's what I will do.
I bought the 06 to 10 bars and will start on the bike soon. As soon as I ordered the parts, I had two clients send me projects to work on. Finished one today and will need a couple more days on the other. I draw buildings.
I want to pull it apart and work on it every day until it's rideable again.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Thank you for the link.
After talking with the person at HeliBars, she said the difference between the 04/05 and the 06 to 10 was the drilled holes for the switch gear. She said that because it was a solid bar, drilling other holes would not hurt the strength of them, so that's what I will do.
I bought the 06 to 10 bars and will start on the bike soon. As soon as I ordered the parts, I had two clients send me projects to work on. Finished one today and will need a couple more days on the other. I draw buildings.
I want to pull it apart and work on it every day until it's rideable again.
Not to sound sexist but your first clue that you weren't being conveyed correct information was when you stated SHE SAID.. LOL !! The 04 / 05 Heli-Bars weren't remotely close to the 06/07 style.. When I had my original 10R with the 04 / 05 Heli Bars my girlfriend at the time had an 05 ..636 which was the same upper as the 06 / 07 10R. I put Heli-Bars on her 636 for her and I can tell you they weren't close to the same bar as the ones on the 10R..They will help some but not close to the originals. The originals were also fabricated pieces where all these new ones are one piece forged bars. Far less offset than what they done with the fabricated ones. ...

Post up some pictures when you get done I would like to see how they work out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
They are on there and I have been riding it. Big difference. The only new hole was to locate the throttle housing locater 90 degrees from where they had it for an '06. It did require shortening the throttle tube 5 mm. I have ordered a G2 Throttle Tamer of the correct length.
On posting photos, can I just up load, or do they have to be "hosted" somewhere? I have done "how to" threads on other boards, and I thought if there was interest I would post a thing or two here. I see a drag and drop box below, so I will try one to see how it goes.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts