Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to ditch my passenger pegs. looking for the bracket. Color and material do not matter, just want something inexpensive.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
let me look around, the guy i bought my 10 from gave me a CF bracket... ill PM u when i find it

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've seen the vortex and it is nice. I don't need anything fancy. I just want something that will allow me to take off my rear pegs, to put them on only when the wife wants to ride (which is almost never). cbolton, if you got something I'm all ears, bro! I hope someone has something out there. Thanks

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
All the ones that I liked were more than I wanted to spend so I made my own. It was free and not to bad to do. All you need is a vise and saw. First I found a fab shop that was nice enough to donate a small peice of scrap alum. laying around. Then cut down to smaller size put in vise to bend and used the passenger peg to match the bends to. Once the bends are right lay the peg over the alum. to trace the shape and holes then cut on lines drill holes. Sand edges smooth and I powdercoated or you can paint.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All the ones that I liked were more than I wanted to spend so I made my own. It was free and not to bad to do. All you need is a vise and saw. First I found a fab shop that was nice enough to donate a small peice of scrap alum. laying around. Then cut down to smaller size put in vise to bend and used the passenger peg to match the bends to. Once the bends are right lay the peg over the alum. to trace the shape and holes then cut on lines drill holes. Sand edges smooth and I powdercoated or you can paint.
That looks great. How thick and sturdy is it?

·
Registered
162 Posts
It's 3/16 very sturdy. A buddy has an after market that measured at 1/8 I went a little thicker for extra strength.
that looks really good. this is what I was going to attempt to do. I just havn't run accross the right piece of aluminum for free yet.

·
Registered
681 Posts
By the time you get the metal.Measure it. Cut it. Grind it. Sand it. Paint/powdercoat it would cost more than the NICE FINISHED SUPER light Vortex. Just sayin.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Repp'd. I did something similar.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts