Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Thats what I am running now.. absolutley AMAZING tire. 100 times better than the bridgstones they replaced. If you were in Canada I can tell you where to get a good deal.
I am going to try the new Q2's on my next tire change.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Check out the pilot powers or even the corsaIII. I've heard mixed reviews on the qualifiers. Never used them myself but a couple of my friends have them and don't really like them.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I wouldn't run dunlops if they were given to me! Can't stand them!!! I highly suggest 2ct's for the street or the power one's are an AMAZING track tire!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Best mileage I have gotten on 2 rear qualifiers is ~1300 miles. If you want a higher mileage tire with outstanding grip look up the michelin pilot road 2's. Also a dual compound tire.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I have a brand new rear q2 and its the shit!!! I love it a lot more than my piliot's already in the corners with this 10!!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have a brand new rear q2 and its the shit!!! I love it a lot more than my piliot's already in the corners with this 10!!!
How long do they last? I just read a really good review of the q2, I might give them a shot.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I don't know about the q2, but I had a set of qualifiers last year that lasted ~1500miles, awesome while they lasted. I ride on Metzler M3's now, last a long time and do the job for me at the track (I only ride intermediate).

·
Registered
540 Posts
I don't know about the q2, but I had a set of qualifiers last year that lasted ~1500miles, awesome while they lasted. I ride on Metzler M3's now, last a long time and do the job for me at the track (I only ride intermediate).
and with the M3s are you pretty confident in getting way in there on the leans? I've been using the pilot powers and they're good tires but Im about due for a tire change and was looking at getting something new. Right now Im eyeing the corsa III and the q2

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Warm M3's are more than capable of putting your knee down with confidence. I don't know at Advance group speeds. The qualifiers were nice and def more sticky on the street (Texas hillcountry) than the M3, but the track is sticky enough that I couldn't see a huge difference between the 2 at me riding "lil bitch speed". I am sure if I was more kick ass I would notice.

I just can't justify dropping big coin every 1500 miles and every trackday for tires. I know some guys do it, but I am not fast enough to have that need yet. I think the M3's at $240 a set installed is a great balance of street and track days for me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i recently swapped out my qualifiers for a set of bt016's and ill never go back, im definetly impressed with the bridgestone's and the fact that my dunlops only last 2500 miles kinda sucks

·
Registered
794 Posts
Sportrider digs them. I'm told this new Q2 will change the sport tire market entirely.

New Dunlop Sportmax Q2 Tire - Late Braking
Tire Testing
Dunlop's main test riders are Danny Roberts and Rich Conicelli, both highly-skilled AMA Pro racing veterans with years of tire testing experience. When they claimed that the new Q2 was almost three seconds a lap quicker than the Qualifier on Virginia International Raceway's 1.65-mile South Course, we found that somewhat difficult to believe. But after a day spent lapping around Pahrump, Nevada's Spring Mountain Motorsports Park in near-100-degree F heat, we became believers.

Immediately noticeable were the Q2's superb steering traits. Trying to combine the agile steering of a race tire with the neutrality needed in a street tire has always been a juggling act, but the Q2 has merged those two requirements better than any other tire we've yet experienced. It didn't matter how you entered the corner, whether trail-braking to the apex or flicking hard at your turn-in point, the handling behavior remained quick but consistent. Steering was impressively precise for a street-oriented tire, enabling you to aim for spots within inches that other tires would only allow you to aim for a general area.

Click to View GalleryThe overall ride and cornering bump compliance was just as impressive, with the slightly stiffer carcass offering better feedback without being too nervous over rough pavement. We thought the previous Qualifier was very good in this area, but the Q2 has taken it a step further, providing the type of confidence-inspiring ride that allows the rider to push harder because he knows what the tires are doing at all times.

Of course, the biggest confidence booster is increased cornering grip, and here the Q2 is head and shoulders above the Qualifier-a tire already well-endowed in the traction department. Overall grip at nearly all lean angles was outstanding for a non-race-oriented tire, with only a touch of squirming noticeable at absolute max lean under a literbike's significant power (Dunlop had a wide variety of bikes fitted with Q2s to sample). You really had to ride very aggressively to provoke any sliding, and even then they were nice and controllable. The Dunlop Q2 has simply raised the bar-and raised it quite a bit-when it comes to sport tire grip, enough that Dunlop considers the Q2 to be sport/track day tire. We couldn't really make a judgment on tire wear rates and endurance, because Dunlop technicians were busy ensuring that the rubber on the bikes didn't get too worn before they were replaced.

Needless to say, we were pretty impressed with the new Dunlop Sportmax Q2, although we'd like to reserve final judgment until we can get them onto public roads and other racetracks. Prices were not finalized at press time, but the tire will be available by August in most popular sportbike sizes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts