Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just signed up for Hyperclub's track day at Willow Springs and was wondering if anyone else is going.

KaTooM, socal, anyone else in southern CA?

At least there won't be a chance of rain this time! :mrgreen:
 

·
LE Post Whore
Joined
·
6,275 Posts
I might be going, but from experience, the bike night sponsored track day is usually a mess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,610 Posts
what do you mean by that? I was thinking of doing this with you guys because riding with katoom is a lot of fun he is fast keep me posted on who is going? where it is? I just might join you guys.
 

·
LE Post Whore
Joined
·
6,275 Posts
WSIR is Willow Springs International Raceway. The track day is usually a sell out and mostly street riders show up for this one, but a lot of the street riders with egos too big to recognize their own skills (or lack thereof). Don't get me wrong, you can still have a great time out there, and I too will try to make it out, especially if more members from the forum want to go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
KaTooM said:
I will be in Pahrump that weekend.

Have fun! should be great weather by then.
What going on then? Its not a SoCal event that I can see... Are you going this Saturday? The same crew as last time will be there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
crash skidmark said:
I just signed up for Hyperclub's track day at Willow Springs and was wondering if anyone else is going.

KaTooM, socal, anyone else in southern CA?

At least there won't be a chance of rain this time! :mrgreen:
@ Fontucky that weekend. I'll let you know if things change.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,442 Posts
Oops I was wrong, I will be at Pahrump Sunday April 30th.
With Cal-sporbike. They have arranged camping at the track Saturday night complete with free BBQ!
They also provide hot breakfast, lunch, and free water and gatorade delivered to you in the pits!

Here's a link.

http://www.trackxperience.com/

My next trackday will be Fontucky on 22nd April...see you there SoCal!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CanyonCarver said:
Buttonwillow with The Track Club, Monday 5/29 and Tuesday 5/30.
a bunch of guys from my local bike night are going to be there on the 29th. I wanted to go but it sold out before I could sign up.

That's why I'm going to Willow instead.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KaTooM said:
I will be in Pahrump that weekend.

Have fun! should be great weather by then.
socal said:
@ Fontucky that weekend. I'll let you know if things change.
that's cool, maybe next time. this was very last minute for me. I found out about it last night and signed up this morning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
crash skidmark said:
a bunch of guys from my local bike night are going to be there on the 29th. I wanted to go but it sold out before I could sign up.

That's why I'm going to Willow instead.
Who says it's sold out? Just checked the website and they're still taking sign-ups. :dontknow:

Oh. Just checked again, and B & C groups are sold out. Bummer. Wasn't looking at those. My bad. :sad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't think I could hang in the A group. I'm more of a B group rider right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
Might be worth a call to Mark or Dori to get on the wait list if you really want to go. People always seem to drop out as it gets closer to the day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
Does the Hyperclub have a school for first time track riders or is it just a trackday? Also, do they make you safety wire and change coolant?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They will take you out for 2 orientation laps if you've never been on a track before.

to quote the website

"-Hypercycle’s Carry Andrew will be standing by for tips on:
-Riding skills and bike safety
-Bike preparation
-Tire choice
-Suspension setup
-Track Safety
-Seating position

http://www.hypercycle.com/hclub_info.htm

It looks like you're not required to safety wire anything. just make sure all your stuff is tight.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to change the coolant

you'll have to remove mirrors and tape up them lights and indicators.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CanyonCarver said:
Might be worth a call to Mark or Dori to get on the wait list if you really want to go. People always seem to drop out as it gets closer to the day.
I already paid for this one so maybe next time....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
crash skidmark said:
I already paid for this one so maybe next time....
August 19, 20 & 21 -- Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Three days straight of riding. And if Mark does like last year, he'll mix it up by changing directions and running the track backward one or two of the three days. Like riding two different tracks, at the same place. Miles of fun. :mrgreen: Maybe I'll see ya there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
crash skidmark said:
They will take you out for 2 orientation laps if you've never been on a track before.

to quote the website

"-Hypercycle’s Carry Andrew will be standing by for tips on:
-Riding skills and bike safety
-Bike preparation
-Tire choice
-Suspension setup
-Track Safety
-Seating position

http://www.hypercycle.com/hclub_info.htm

It looks like you're not required to safety wire anything. just make sure all your stuff is tight.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to change the coolant

you'll have to remove mirrors and tape up them lights and indicators.
Cool, thanks. I think my bike is all set then. I'd probably want to change the tires to Qualifiers or PP's though for the track (or maybe I'll just try and eat up the stockers). I'll know if I'll be able to attend the end of May date in a couple of weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,118 Posts
if you're at the end of the 218's i would change them before going to the track because when they go out they go fast......couple hundred bucks for new rubber pay themselves off with you having more confidence....too many things to think about to have to worry about getting the last few miles off the stockers....just my .02 ps....i'm doing fontana on the 22nd and willow may 8th...cheers
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top