Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WSBK Starts in 57 days: Predictions?

Well season is not much finished and we start it up again in another 57 days for the 1st race in Phillip Island...
SO we have some more riders on board so who are you thinking is going to lead the way?
We'll say 1-5?

1. James Toseland or 2nd,,,, swapped with Biaggi Very hard to say
2. Max Biaggi
3. Haga--going to contest from the get go, but he is known for choking (and not being able to do math)
4. Fabrizio
5. chris vermulean

Johhny Rhea is my darkhorse, he could very well win it all as well.
Vermulean will podium at one of the races (home track)...best we have had since the 90's.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I think biaggi will win first simply because he did so well on a first year bike and now with more r and d it should be even better. But I'm hoping a kawasaki takes it.

·
Registered
814 Posts
While it'd be great to see a green bike on top, sadly there's little chance of consistency from the word go.

My money is on Jonny Rea - he's a massive talent, second year on the same bike in an established team, and they'll now be getting the Ohlins suspension dialled in.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
If Haga's heart is in it he will be great again, im interested to see how crutchlow makes the transition to the big bike. Its gonna be interesting for sure, last year WSBK was the series to watch i hope it is just as good or better.

·
Registered
842 Posts
:thumbsup: Here is what I think...

The main candidates for tiltle will be : Haga ,Fabrizio and Toseland ...

Nori was constant from the first race last season and it was one of the best seasons for him.. this year he is on the bike that he knows very good and has found setup's for all the track's (except Portimao).. His biggest problem is his team mate Fabrizio.. The little italian guy is performing better and better as the season goes on..
Toseland could be on the top but i'm not sure ...Why ? He is on a new bike ,the one that Ben took to win the crown but Sykes could'nt do not anything with it.. And if you look at JT's career he is two times world champ but with only 16 wins total, and last title he won by two points differenc to Nori.. That season Nori woke up mid season and lost by two points.."took double at Magny Course" last round..

Kawi will be at top ten and for sure score few podiums maybe some win too..Hope so.

Can wait for the season to begin...

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Best mix of riders for a long time, I agree with greenman43, Johnny Rea could be the dark horse. Saw him here in Perth in November in a local competition, awesome to see this guy go on a standard CBR1000 on a track he had not seen before & get within 0.2sec of lap record. In a fairly respectable field he was outstanding,

·
Registered
683 Posts
Its time for HAGA to show the FUCK up. He's been sooooooo very close for several years and never has been able to close it out !!!! Hope he gets the Title this year because he deserves it....

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only thing i can say is HOW DO YOU DESERVE A WORLD TITLE?
LIke saying Biaggi deserves a GP title, capirossi, edwards and pedrosa etc etc...
You either earn it or you dont...Hell even how shitty Hayden is he managed to be the last man stanidng and EARNED it....Haga has earned nothing but multiple 2nd places as he is a tool and cost himself on many occaisions..

·
Registered
842 Posts
LIke saying Biaggi deserves a GP title, capirossi, edwards and pedrosa etc etc...
You either earn it or you dont...Hell even how shitty Hayden is he managed to be the last man stanidng and EARNED it....Haga has earned nothing but multiple 2nd places as he is a tool and cost himself on many occaisions..
Hy mate....:eek:ccasion1

Nori is an icon Of WSBK !! and fan's favorite for many years... like Frankie Chili was..
And even if he ends his career without crown.. he will be number one for many people all over the world..

·
Chairman of the Board
16,022 Posts
Im thinkin Haga will be strong with Biaggi and Fabrizio up there as well. Im looking foreward to the season starting.

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
While it'd be great to see a green bike on top, sadly there's little chance of consistency from the word go.

My money is on Jonny Rea - he's a massive talent, second year on the same bike in an established team, and they'll now be getting the Ohlins suspension dialled in.

Cheers,
Brian
:+1: My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Heres my pick, in order:

1st - Haga
2nd - Crutchlow
3rd - Toseland
4th - Biaggi
5th - Rhea
6th - Camier

Toseland is good....but Crutchlow is fast as well and deserves alot of props.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Please explain why you think Haga is a tool.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts