Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats to Jonny Rhea and Team Kawasaki for winning the 2015 championship. WTG Gen 4

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Thanks for putting a Spoiler on this TechX glad some still read the rules around here.

For those that had your Threads deleted now you know who did it and please don't complain I didn't even give an Infraction like I normally do so beware.

Bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
When you think about it....it could have been 4years in a Row if not for some bad luck and mishaps.....What's impressive about Rea though he Took care of business EARLY to make sure there was room for error at the end....this year was a no doubter.....Congrats Rea and Kawasaki :eek:ccasion1

Bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Kawasaki has to be stoked to win the Championship, but also to win the manufacturers title. Great job by both Sykes' and Rea's teams!!
While I agree it's Awesome for Kawasaki to win the Manufacturers Title Kawi deserves as many Trophies it can get :wink: but I never gave it much Weight because you need at least 2 Great Riders on the Same bike having a good year......for example when Sykes won his Championship there wasn't anyone else running up front from Kawi and someone else Won the Manu Title.......I remember thinking to self who cares as long as Kawi Won the Main Title. :mrgreen:

either way I am sure it means something to some or else they wouldn't have it just trying to not be a hypocrite, I said it before on this forum who cares and just confirming it still doesn't mean much as I see it. :dontknow:

bloo

·
Always On Mod
1,842 Posts
I think that's just it. It shows that with 2 good riders, the machine is more capable than the competition. I don't put as much weight on it as the main title either, but it's cool that it's Kawi's first one. I think it's also exciting that they are gathering data from two guys running at the front now too. If Sykes had a better teammate previously maybe they could have provided better development.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think that's just it. It shows that with 2 good riders, the machine is more capable than the competition. I don't put as much weight on it as the main title either, but it's cool that it's Kawi's first one. I think it's also exciting that they are gathering data from two guys running at the front now too. If Sykes had a better teammate previously maybe they could have provided better development.

Im sure Tom is a lot happier with Jonny then he was with Loris. Especially after Loris took him out in that one race last year. It probably cost Tom last years championship.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Thanks though Mr. Animal I am always curious about what others think about the Manufactures Trophy. :thumbsup:

Bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Good Interview with Rea

WorldSBK < World Champion interview with Jonathan Rea

No Doubt Sykes is a lot happier with this years teammate but I'm really wondering how they will do next year with Gen 5 Bikes.
Thanks for the Video link puts things into perspective from Rea's point of view.

Not sure why some are saying Sykes is happier with his new teammate it has to be frustrating no matter who because they had better success on the same bike that can't be happy :headshake:

I believe next year will be interesting with the New bike if it Performs how Sykes rides and his tires don't fade like the OlD bike then Rea and Others will have their hands full f'sho. :wink:

bloo

·
Always On Mod
1,842 Posts
The first person you want to beat is your teammate, but you want it to be a fair fight. Someone who comes in younger, starts slower and gets faster based on the effort you put in up to this point, then has the audacity to bump pass and take you out shows a huge lack of respect, which is what we heard from Tom. "Loris has no respect."
Rea on the other hand is a more mature rider, is fast from day one and contributes data to the team. He goes out and is fast, but he also races fair.
I don't think Tom likes getting beat by his teammate, but it shows him what the bike can do and a good target of where and how to improve.

Sykes was faster this year in quite a few places, he just could lay down the consistency over race distance with tire wear and really struggled in the beginning.

·
Always On Mod
1,842 Posts
I believe next year will be interesting with the New bike if it Performs how Sykes rides and his tires don't fade like the OlD bike then Rea and Others will have their hands full f'sho. :wink:

bloo
Agreed! Stoked to see how they stack up against Duc and the new Yamaha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts