Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Was the pass too aggressive?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
::SPOILER:: WSBK Nurburgring

Race 2, when Rea and Haga got into it an Haga fell:

Whas Rea wrong for making such an aggressive pass or was it just racing?

I think the pass was a bit too aggressive, but then again, I don't race.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
what about option 4, "your gonna get your pee pee smacked for not adding a spoiler tag"
Read the sticky's

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i think option 4 should be, "thats racing"

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
where is the option of Don't leave the LINE OPEN?

Not sure what it looked like on TV, but watching in person and i will state this all day long, dont get caught outside of someone else in this turn!
Haga left room for Rhea and Rhea took it, apart from that Haga should have realized how the turn is and that Rhea is going to be on the gas and drive to the outside and Haga was right there waiting to get pressed on..
I think it was a clean pass, being Rhea did not low side, stand Haga up, he just took his line and Haga was slower and went down..
Hell he couldnt even pick the bike up, felt sorry for him....almost

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where is the option of Don't leave the LINE OPEN?

Not sure what it looked like on TV, but watching in person and i will state this all day long, dont get caught outside of someone else in this turn!
Haga left room for Rhea and Rhea took it, apart from that Haga should have realized how the turn is and that Rhea is going to be on the gas and drive to the outside and Haga was right there waiting to get pressed on..
I think it was a clean pass, being Rhea did not low side, stand Haga up, he just took his line and Haga was slower and went down..
Hell he couldnt even pick the bike up, felt sorry for him....almost

very good point. Spies was turning in on Haga like crazy during the first race

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
This is racing! thats all there is to it! you don't want to go down don't put a wheel to the track! leave the door open i'ma knock on it! on the other hand if it was me taking him out I would feel very bad!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
This is racing! thats all there is to it! you don't want to go down don't put a wheel to the track! leave the door open i'ma knock on it! on the other hand if it was me taking him out I would feel very bad!
im sure rhea wasnt too happy about it, he seems like a stand up guy and even though he was just racing and being aggressive like he needs to be, Haga is racing for more than the W, he is looking for a championship. great race though and im sure if the shoe was on the other foot haga would have made the same move.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
i think option 4 should be, "thats racing"
Yes, Sir! I agree 100%. Listen, that is what's called an awesome, inside manuever, that some folks don't have the balls to make. I saw nothing wrong or dirty, or illegal. Haga saw Rhea already on his inside and he should have backed out a lil and didn't. This is professional racing. In this category, it's always all out. No such thing as too aggressive! If the rider feels thats way (wah, wah) too agressive, he should demote himself to club-racing.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Yes, Sir! I agree 100%. Listen, that is what's called an awesome, inside manuever, that some folks don't have the balls to make. I saw nothing wrong or dirty, or illegal. Haga saw Rhea already on his inside and he should have backed out a lil and didn't. This is professional racing. In this category, it's always all out. No such thing as too aggressive! If the rider feels thats way (wah, wah) too agressive, he should demote himself to club-racing.
I agree too. Rhea's wheel was where Haga could see it. Haga had more than enough room to work with but chose to try and slam the door on him, but it was too late.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts