Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys - i can't believe we are not discussing the Moscow race yet!

Spoiler!

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
Spoiler!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Spoiler!

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Seem like Sykes doesn't have race fairing and still have the light on the bike ????????????????

What kind of mods they need to have on superbike ?
It's a requirement for 2013 that all WSBK run the headlight stickers. Kawi just went ahead and put them on

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
everyone behaved themselves this time Blue!
:)

Spoiler!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
everyone behaved themselves this time Blue!
:)

Spoiler!
What I find so surprising is no one talks about the BIG leads Kawi gets almost all the time Now and holds it until at least half race when the tires go bad....as a fan you need to man up and stick to a camp...is it a bad Rider or bad bike...if you say both I think your in a catch 22. :wink:

bloo

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
for sure - you can't have your cake and eat it too!

Spoiler!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
It's nice to see Sykes KEEPING that lead that he gets. I've always thought that it was the rider and not the bike seeing as though everything was working well enough to post the fastest lap toward the end of qualifying.

I'm a happy fan right now, but I still want to see the green machine in 1st place in the standings where it belongs instead of 3rd. With Biaggi imploding the way he has been Sykes has a real shot at finishing 2nd in the end. Maybe it just took Sykes awhile to get comfortable enough to ride the bike as aggressively over race distance. He just got his contract renewed, so hopefully he still has the motivation to win.

What I think is most interesting is how there were doubters about how the team would do this year after PBR got fired. I remember reading something from PBR themselves dissing Kawasaki's decisions not leading to wins. I think they've proven that they made the right decision this time.

·
Registered
528 Posts

Melandri is a vicious rider. I noticed how he just rides comfortably behind whoever is in front of him, waiting to strike. I think he likes getting in the head of riders in front of him, and then demoralizing them whenever he gets a chance. All that said, well done from Sykes and I hope he wins the championship (as we all do).

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Melandri is a vicious rider. I noticed how he just rides comfortably behind whoever is in front of him, waiting to strike. I think he likes getting in the head of riders in front of him, and then demoralizing them whenever he gets a chance. All that said, well done from Sykes and I hope he wins the championship (as we all do).
A big ass :+1: for this.

I gotta say that even if/when Melandri/BMW wins the championship this year, it's been an exciting season so far. This year has had some of the best races I remember seeing in a long time. I'm also very impressed by the rookies this year in Baz, Davies and Guigliano. These are gonna be the guys fighting it out over the next few years.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
[SBK] 2012 Round 11 Moscow Race 2 (480p) - YouTube

Not going to agree to this entirely I see something different for the last 5 races or so.

I see the Kawi pull ahead so much and Melandri knows the Kawi is to strong BUT will catch up IF the tires will wear...then becomes the Shark when it's week and is "vicious" enough to take advantage when that happens. :wink:

There has been recent races when Melandri thought as usual Skyes was done only to learn he wasn't Skyes takes back the lead..not an easy fish anymore....I suspect the rest of the season the same will happen...my point being though Melandri I don't believe ever ran "Comfortably Behind" Sykes he was just a fISH fisherman waiting for a fish to tire THEN gets aggressive....Melandri he had no Control at FIRST HOW FAST THE KAWI IS AT THE START UP TO THE HALF POINT or beyond WHAT SO EVER HE HAD TO WAIT UNTIL THE FISH GOT TIRED......THE KAWI AND RIDER IS THAT GOOD AND FAST!!!!! from THIS SEAT :wink: :idea::mrgreen:

BLOO

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i agree Blue.

I think Melandri was working hard to keep up. and once he took the lead he never pulled away too much.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Melandri is the smallest guy out there on the most dialed in bike. As I have said before, he rides that bmw to the utmost limit. He blows by his Haslem on the straights every time, when he chooses. As much as I am not a fan of him, he has mad skill. He couldn't of gotten any luckier in race one finishing 2nd, with everyone in front of him taking each other out. If he had finished 5th or 6th, Sykes would have a better chance at 1st for the championship.

I love what Sykes is doing. He is working harder than anyone out there, but still have a bad feeling about tire wear and management. Sykes wasn't even able to fight back once Melandri caught him in Race 2. I still want to see Sykes sit back a bit and play off a few fast guys in front and then attack at the end. Melandri does it every race.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Its great to see team green up front after re-focusing their efforts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Not going to agree to this entirely I see something different for the last 5 races or so.

I see the Kawi pull ahead so much and Melandri knows the Kawi is to strong BUT will catch up IF the tires will wear...then becomes the Shark when it's week and is "vicious" enough to take advantage when that happens. :wink:

There has been recent races when Melandri thought as usual Skyes was done only to learn he wasn't Skyes takes back the lead..not an easy fish anymore....I suspect the rest of the season the same will happen...my point being though Melandri I don't believe ever ran "Comfortably Behind" Sykes he was just a fISH fisherman waiting for a fish to tire THEN gets aggressive....Melandri he had no Control at FIRST HOW FAST THE KAWI IS AT THE START UP TO THE HALF POINT or beyond WHAT SO EVER HE HAD TO WAIT UNTIL THE FISH GOT TIRED......THE KAWI AND RIDER IS THAT GOOD AND FAST!!!!! from THIS SEAT :wink: :idea::mrgreen:

BLOO
Ok, so why does the 10R have the tire issue, whereas the BMW does not? Are they not on the same rubber?

Melandri is the smallest guy out there on the most dialed in bike. As I have said before, he rides that bmw to the utmost limit. He blows by his Haslem on the straights every time, when he chooses. As much as I am not a fan of him, he has mad skill. He couldn't of gotten any luckier in race one finishing 2nd, with everyone in front of him taking each other out. If he had finished 5th or 6th, Sykes would have a better chance at 1st for the championship.

I love what Sykes is doing. He is working harder than anyone out there, but still have a bad feeling about tire wear and management. Sykes wasn't even able to fight back once Melandri caught him in Race 2. I still want to see Sykes sit back a bit and play off a few fast guys in front and then attack at the end. Melandri does it every race.
:+1:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Ok, so why does the 10R have the tire issue, whereas the BMW does not? Are they not on the same rubber?

:+1:
Well according to the masses the BMW has the best racer and Bike.....why is the Beemer lagging for the 1st 12 or so laps by a huge margin then?...you figure it out hero I can only come to one conclusion. :wink:

bloo

1 - 20 of 23 Posts