·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I've learned a new level of hatred for that BMW ! The Kawasaki is finally there in terms of the bike and the rider. Tom will figure out that he don't need to lead every lap and when he does he'll start leading the last lap on most every race. Leading is the hardest thing to do and toughest on your equipment. With no one in front of you to pace from you don't know how hard to push your tires and equipment and without fail you use it up when you could be saving it for the end. Now if you have the power and talent to gap the field by a large margin than leading is just fine but not when everyone has just about equal everything. A long talk with Tom about this and he'll be on top every weekend! Thank you Kawasaki for finally putting an effort into road racing and not spending every dollar you have on some dirt bike riding, ungrateful, disloyal, Drima-Donna ! ! Proud days for all us die-hard, loyal Kawasaki supporters are close at hand !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Spoiler!

·
Team Green Baby!
1,518 Posts
I just watched both races last night. Race 1 would of been a lot closer had not Rea bumped into Sykes and slowed down his pace. Race 2, He made a little mistake on the last turn before the last lap and that cost him the win. Not making any excuses for Sykes, just commenting on what could of been lol. The race is still tight but I think Melandri is going to win out the way he's riding and if he keeps up with his riding. Looking thru my crystal ball, I see a positive outlook for Team Green though! :lol: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@Honez
No hate going on in here, bro. I started the thread off that way to provoke the conversation. Admittedly, when I woke up and saw that Sykes had the lead and then lost the race again, I was pretty disappointed but I'm not hating on the guy in any way.

I've said it before in other threads, I think Sykes has done a hell of a job developing this bike and returning team green to credibility. The only thing I question is whether or not he can take things to the next level and win consistently. So far he has not. Obviously, the bike had some problems early on, but it looks like they've got things sorted now so we'll see what happens. Hopefully Sykes and Baz grow balls the size of China to rival the pair that Melandri is sporting right now.

I'd say this past weekend had to be one of the best team green has ever had, and certainly was the best I ever remember.

SBK - two 2nd place, one 3rd place
STK1K - WIN, 3rd place
Supersport - WIN, 2nd place
Coppa dei Due Paesi - WIN, 2nd place
BSB - WIN

·
Registered
528 Posts
@honez
no hate going on in here, bro. I started the thread off that way to provoke the conversation. Admittedly, when i woke up and saw that sykes had the lead and then lost the race again, i was pretty disappointed but i'm not hating on the guy in any way.

I've said it before in other threads, i think sykes has done a hell of a job developing this bike and returning team green to credibility. The only thing i question is whether or not he can take things to the next level and win consistently. So far he has not. Obviously, the bike had some problems early on, but it looks like they've got things sorted now so we'll see what happens. Hopefully sykes and baz grow balls the size of china to rival the pair that melandri is sporting right now.

I'd say this past weekend had to be one of the best team green has ever had, and certainly was the best i ever remember.

Sbk - two 2nd place, one 3rd place
stk1k - win, 3rd place
supersport - win, 2nd place
coppa dei due paesi - win, 2nd place
bsb - win
hell yeah, kawasaki is a serious contender again!

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
@Honez
No hate going on in here, bro. I started the thread off that way to provoke the conversation. Admittedly, when I woke up and saw that Sykes had the lead and then lost the race again, I was pretty disappointed but I'm not hating on the guy in any way.

I've said it before in other threads, I think Sykes has done a hell of a job developing this bike and returning team green to credibility. The only thing I question is whether or not he can take things to the next level and win consistently. So far he has not. Obviously, the bike had some problems early on, but it looks like they've got things sorted now so we'll see what happens. Hopefully Sykes and Baz grow balls the size of China to rival the pair that Melandri is sporting right now.

I'd say this past weekend had to be one of the best team green has ever had, and certainly was the best I ever remember.

SBK - two 2nd place, one 3rd place
STK1K - WIN, 3rd place
Supersport - WIN, 2nd place
Coppa dei Due Paesi - WIN, 2nd place
BSB - WIN
Sorry Bennice if it seemed I was attacking you, I certainly am not. I reread my reply and it does seem I am though. For that I am sorry. I get frustrated at the comments about him not being good enough when he and he along with his crew has brought Kawasaki to where it is now in WSBK, and to some that's not good enough. Not just here either. But I sincerely apologize if I appeared overly harsh on you. :eek:ccasion1:

·
Registered
790 Posts
No doubt in my mind that the bike isn't up to the race pace. :heyyou:
the bike is coming along for sure! sykes did a phenominal job out there!! melandri is great rider though, no questions asked. but one thing is for sure, kawi will be on the top of the podium very soon and when they get there it will be tough to knock them off! the future is bright for team green!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
This upcoming race Sykes should be more conservative. It's in his back yard and tires will always be an issue. Melandri made two mistakes and still caught Tom in the last few laps. He needs to try a race where he preserves the tires and finishes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts