·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoiler!

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Green is headed in the right direction! Two 5th spot finishes and a possible podium thrown down the tarmac by Sykes in race 2 was very encouraging to watch. Yes I know crashing sucks but seriously, he could have been on the podium in race 2. And in race 1 he was only .05 from taking 4th. :thumbsup:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Green is headed in the right direction! Two 5th spot finishes and a possible podium thrown down the tarmac by Sykes in race 2 was very encouraging to watch. Yes I know crashing sucks but seriously, he could have been on the podium in race 2. And in race 1 he was only .05 from taking 4th. :thumbsup:
Oh yea!!, They said Tom would have qualified better in superpole had he not been blocked. I was going crazy in race 2 after that great start that both Tom and Juan got:thumbsup: So far this is the best team green has done with the zx10r platform in two consecutive races. All we can hope for is further improvement from the team, the riders and the bike itself. On a side note, Aragon is one of the coolest tracks around, it just looks like a blast to ride

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sykes has done a great job with the development of this bike and he has done well thus far in the season, however, i dont feel he is the answer for kawi. Of all the Brits in WSBK he has always been the least impressive even going back to his BSB and super-sport days. Lascorz will get faster as he gains more experience on the big bike. Vermulen, i hate to say looks really bad, i know he isnt "100%", but he is way too far back. Kawi needs to get a guy that is fast now and experienced in the super-bike class, who is young enough to develop this model for the next 2 years while also getting started on the gen 5.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Race 1...Sykes is making a habit of hanging near the front of the pack and moving up a spot on the last straight...good stuff! :thumbsup:

Race 2 - how the hell is Sykes on the gen 4 gonna get passed up by the R1 in the straights?!??! That was just wrong! And wtf is up with Corser and Smryz crashing out all the time nowadays? Sykes losing the front end again was unfortunate, because I think he would have had a good chance at a podium.

The bike is doing pretty well, and seeing Lascorz finish as well as he did is a good sign!

And watching those BMW's battle out against each other was pretty entertaining too!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
i would not worry about the kawi so much as a whole comparing power in WSBK and competition getting passed by (the aprilia, BMW & yamaha) hell even the ducati most of the time.

Sykes is a decent rider, not sure on his development abilities though which is what the bike really needs, and vermulean i hate to say might be washed up (suzuki sucked his life)...
The bike has what appears to be a good handling package, but ls hard on back tires so maybe they need better electronics package, thus the reason they can hang up front in the beginning then fade back once the tires start going off. This would help them stay 4-7th every race for sure.

But if you want real world how it relates ot your street ride, then SSTCK 1000 is what you need to look it, as exhaust, tuning, suspension and mild head work is all that is allowed...this is like a trackbike for most. and yes the 10r is well doing good for its 1st year, but getting handed its ass by the 1198R, barring monza where 190rwhp+ is what you need.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
F the BMWs, what about every other manufacturer?

Suzuki has a single rider out there. This is just plain embarrassing

Yeah it does rather suck for team green, but they've kind of done this to themselves over the years. There are quite a few riders on green bikes, but Team Pedercini doesn't really count, and I can't understand why they even bother. Even Roger Hayden couldn't stand more than a year with those guys.

But let's face it, beating Ducati and Aprilia is a tall task for anybody. As it stands today with current development, I think we probably have the 3rd best bike and 5th-6th best rider in the field. With some more development we could easily move up a place or two, but that's going to take some time and probably more than Sykes is up to task for.

And I realize that these bikes are nothing like our street bikes, but Sykes' ride is faster than that damn R1 in the straights! The same way that Biaggi pulled away from Melandri over and over down the straights in race 2 is how Sykes should have been pulling away from Laverty. It just looked wrong. :headshake

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the same way, i know that what these fellas are on in WSBK is lightyears away from what we buy/ride, but it is still great to see the green machine doing better than it has. Makes me want to but a 4th gen lolol:thumbsup:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Race 1...Sykes is making a habit of hanging near the front of the pack and moving up a spot on the last straight...good stuff! :thumbsup:

Race 2 - how the hell is Sykes on the gen 4 gonna get passed up by the R1 in the straights?!??! That was just wrong! And wtf is up with Corser and Smryz crashing out all the time nowadays? Sykes losing the front end again was unfortunate, because I think he would have had a good chance at a podium.

The bike is doing pretty well, and seeing Lascorz finish as well as he did is a good sign!

And watching those BMW's battle out against each other was pretty entertaining too!
hahahah yeah race 2 he did look pretty solid though! i was pissed when he crashed out, he was close enough to fight for the first podium of the year! either way it was nice to see kawi not at the bottom of the list finally. getting past suzuki is never a bad thing lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts