Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
world super bikes --- why does Kawasaki have so much trouble ?? and is mostly last in races.. is it are riders? is it the bike ?? is it because monster energy is not there sponsor:dontknow: but AMA is so much better for kawasaki why :dontknow:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Lets try this section shall we. :wink:

As for their troubles #1 new bike, #2 riders are not top tier for riding as well as setup and development so in the end they suffer.

BD

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes new bike . ok but 06-07 did nothing - 04-05 did nothing why .. i cant wait for Daytona the start of AMA racing ....go Roger

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Was it Stoner or the Duke that won all the races? If he was with Kawi would he still be able to de the same? What say you?

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
believe me I'm a long time Kawasaki owner way back to 83 gpz550 ... i love Kawasaki as a bike ... its just hard to see them have a hard time
sure we all share your thoughts as kawasaki owners. it's a new season, new bike. Let see if progress is made as the WSB unfolds throughout it season. Honestly I am not expecting outright wins from the start. But do hope that they do get near top of the ladder towards the end of the season and then by next year have total world dominance. (wishful thinking):mrgreen:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Well, it kind of stems from the development riders. If they have distinctive styles, the bikes will suffer.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
:headshakeAll this new bike stuff needs to stop, because I heard the same BS when it was the 04-05, the 06-07 and now the 08. Yes I understand it's a new bike, but damn Kawasaki hasn't really done anything since Bostrom was on the 7R. :dontknow: This is a touchy topic with me because I am a true Kawasaki Fan, and I always catch hell from everybody, even the Yamaha riders, and we all know they are not all that. Kawasaki needs to stop [email protected]#kin around and pay somebody, hell they got money to sponser Jason Britton, but don't want to pay anyone to get out there and race. I hope Hopkins can make a difference in GP, but damn it would be nice to see the Kaw on the podium in WSK and AMA some more.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Was it Stoner or the Duke that won all the races? If he was with Kawi would he still be able to de the same? What say you?
Who is Stoner? :lol:

Never could've done it on any other bike. Put any top tier rider on the Ducati last year and I bet the results would've been similar. Ducati hit the nail on the head last year...now this year will be interesting...but yes the rider does factor in almost equally but I think in the case last year Stoner had an advantage due to the bike he was on.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
i think its there riders myself

·
Registered
110 Posts
I believe PSG-1 team budget is much smaller than Suzuki or Ducati in explain -> no top riders -> no development. Full factory team is what Kawasaki needs to get top of the pile in WSB.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
:headshakeAll this new bike stuff needs to stop, because I heard the same BS when it was the 04-05, the 06-07 and now the 08. Yes I understand it's a new bike, but damn Kawasaki hasn't really done anything since Bostrom was on the 7R. :dontknow: This is a touchy topic with me because I am a true Kawasaki Fan, and I always catch hell from everybody, even the Yamaha riders, and we all know they are not all that. Kawasaki needs to stop [email protected]#kin around and pay somebody, hell they got money to sponser Jason Britton, but don't want to pay anyone to get out there and race. I hope Hopkins can make a difference in GP, but damn it would be nice to see the Kaw on the podium in WSK and AMA some more.
:+1::+2:

·
Registered
235 Posts
PSG1 is a factory supported team. Can't really get better than that.

The 04/05 zx10 with Chris Walker was consistantly running with the front pack but always coming 4th. And thats when they weren't factory supported... infact this year is the first year that kawasaki has a factory supported team.

in 06 PSG 1 had 3 riders with walker being the top finisher and yet was the rider to get dropped in 07... big mistake I think.

08 and PSG 1 is running a highly undeveloped bike having missed out on some preseason testing thanks to their engines getting damaged during shipping... but they are still essentially running an underdeveloped bike.

On the upside tho... if you compare with the Ten Kate operation who have a huge budget and have been factory supported for years now. They could barely out qualify the ZX10's by 2 places and in the races didn't really do anything 'spectacular' compared to the Kawis. Plus there was no consistancy with the results... Checa on the honda got a 6th in the 1st race but was nowhere in the 2nd race... That track is a bitch!!! Philip Island will be another indication all together... so lets wait and see.

Ten Kate are also running a very underdeveloped bike BTW... but now after philip island there is like a months break and I'm very sure the teams will be working their asses off with all the new data collected in race conditions.

Walker didn't do jack on the zx6 at Qatar which I was very surprised about cos that zx6 was kicking relative ass last year.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
PSG1 is a factory supported team. Can't really get better than that.

The 04/05 zx10 with Chris Walker was consistantly running with the front pack but always coming 4th. And thats when they weren't factory supported... infact this year is the first year that kawasaki has a factory supported team.

in 06 PSG 1 had 3 riders with walker being the top finisher and yet was the rider to get dropped in 07... big mistake I think.

08 and PSG 1 is running a highly undeveloped bike having missed out on some preseason testing thanks to their engines getting damaged during shipping... but they are still essentially running an underdeveloped bike.

On the upside tho... if you compare with the Ten Kate operation who have a huge budget and have been factory supported for years now. They could barely out qualify the ZX10's by 2 places and in the races didn't really do anything 'spectacular' compared to the Kawis. Plus there was no consistancy with the results... Checa on the honda got a 6th in the 1st race but was nowhere in the 2nd race... That track is a bitch!!! Philip Island will be another indication all together... so lets wait and see.

Ten Kate are also running a very underdeveloped bike BTW... but now after philip island there is like a months break and I'm very sure the teams will be working their asses off with all the new data collected in race conditions.

Walker didn't do jack on the zx6 at Qatar which I was very surprised about cos that zx6 was kicking relative ass last year.

:+1:

I can't believe they got rid of Foret WHAAAAAAAA. He was doing good last year on a ZX6r. Struggling with setup new bike new parts to develop in time will tell, but Kawasaki is putting more priority on racing now than previous years spending money on known rider than before.

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
i think its there riders myself
:+1:amen its funny to me that suzuki sure doesnt have any trouble running up front when they release there new models. iv got a feeling also that we wont be seeing the new honda running in back of the pack either, kaw needs to get with the program or give up, there's been to many lackluster years.

·
Registered
657 Posts
you know everyone said that about motoGP too and DePuniet, but look how he's been doing in all of the preseason tests w/ Honda....1-3rd best times just about every time he went out....

I think there's a lot more to it than just the riders...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts