Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 2013 World Superbike races will be broadcast in the USA? I did not see any listings on the Speed Channel site for the first races on February 23rd or 24th. I hope we don't miss out on being able to watch the races this year.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,630 Posts
They are usually on the Speed channel, just delayed sometimes until later in the week. But this is the year Speed gets rebranded to Fox Sports One or something and starts televising more "bat and ball" sports. :rolleyes: I'm hopeful that they will continue to air the 2-wheeled stuff (as crappy as their coverage is). Now you have me worried...

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya Spped usually shows the WSB races on Sunday then again the following Tuesday. I looked on the Speed site and on the following tuesday, February 26, there is no listing that the race is going to be on.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
They are usually on the Speed channel, just delayed sometimes until later in the week. But this is the year Speed gets rebranded to Fox Sports One or something and starts televising more "bat and ball" sports. :rolleyes: I'm hopeful that they will continue to air the 2-wheeled stuff (as crappy as their coverage is). Now you have me worried...
:+1:

·
Administrator
6,701 Posts
or will it be bumped onto speed2.com? don't see it listed there, but MotoGP is

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,630 Posts

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
That Sucks. Alls I have to say is I will not watch Speed anymore. I have to pay an additional $2.00 per month to Cablevision just to watch Speed. If the first WSB race comes and goes and they don't air it, I will call Cablevision and cancel Speed. I know 2 bucks aint much but but to me thats to much to watch Lame NASCAR.
:+1: to that Bro! Im not payin extra for it if theres no WSBK or Moto GP. Thats why I got the frickin channel to begin with!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
:+1: to that Bro! Im not payin extra for it if theres no WSBK or Moto GP. Thats why I got the frickin channel to begin with!
It was the only reason i signed a 2 year contract with D-TV! Since FOX is taking over everything, expect future tv to really suck! This just put a major fuking damper on my entire summer. No reason to even have tv at all if no AMA or WSB. Its about the only time i watch tv in the summer - races. MotoGP is becoming like nascar but we'll see what this season brings. Im super enraged! Heres to you FOX:thefinger. FOX needs to stay the hell out of sports!! Why cant we get ONE channel that most everybody can get that shows all kinds of racing? Its impossible to find WRC and i love that shit. I can see i wont be watching much racing this season...if at all:sad: On top of that i really doubt ill be going to MotoGP Indy this year. It just sucks for racing and the food vending is awful. Sorry i had to vent.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
It was the only reason i signed a 2 year contract with D-TV! Since FOX is taking over everything, expect future tv to really suck! This just put a major fuking damper on my entire summer. No reason to even have tv at all if no AMA or WSB. Its about the only time i watch tv in the summer - races. MotoGP is becoming like nascar but we'll see what this season brings. Im super enraged! Heres to you FOX:thefinger. FOX needs to stay the hell out of sports!! Why cant we get ONE channel that most everybody can get that shows all kinds of racing? Its impossible to find WRC and i love that shit. I can see i wont be watching much racing this season...if at all:sad: On top of that i really doubt ill be going to MotoGP Indy this year. It just sucks for racing and the food vending is awful. Sorry i had to vent.
I emailed SPEED about it, like thats gonna do some good. :headshake

·
Administrator
6,701 Posts
Speed: No Plans For WSBK

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Feb/130213kqa.htm

"Speed TV sources said late this afternoon that they currently do not have any plans to air the World Superbike series this year but the lines of communication between Speed and Dorna remain open.

They may announce a new MotoGP package soon."

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Yay. Just what i wanted. A new MotoGP package:headshake
The new packaging of MotoGP is why i need AMA & WSBK. Thanks for the updates everyone. I needed the extra free time this summer - looks like ive got it.
We (race fans) need one channel that only shows nothing but exotic racing, motorcycles, speedboats, street luge, WRC. Then Speed can become the nascar channel since thats all anyone knows. Dont get me wrong i used to be big into nastycar until it too went to shit a number of years ago.
Maybe this is the summer im supposed to make my own racing:dontknow::badteeth:

1 - 20 of 208 Posts