Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everone, im stuck in a pickle here, i cant figure out what is wrong with my bike (2007 zx10r). i wrecked it a couple of weeks ago, ended up getting ran into the median and my front rim hit the curb so hard it bent and my bike landed pretty hard on its side. i had to replace the oil pan, starter, and idle gear covers but thats it. now when i start the bike, thick white smoke is coming out of my exhaust after running for about 5 minutes. its starts fine no knocking... just alot of smoke.... any ideas??

·
Registered
136 Posts
Do you have full coverage insurance? If so file a claim. I'm guessing you don't as you already started repairing it. The continuous white smoke is a bad indication that you cracked your block or head or head gasket. White smoke is burning water in the combustion chamber. You can pressure test your cooling system to see if it holds pressure 15psi so that should be your first step. If it doesn't hold pressure then try to find where the leak is.

Sorry for your crash and problems but the good thing is that you were not damaged or hurt. Good luck with the repair. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
thick WHITE smoke after warm up is coolant entering cylinders. did u unplug any vacum/small coolant lines removing starter? had a customer with a 12 plug up coolant overflow line to vacum tap on intake runner. doing same thing. white smoke is definatley coolant. no lines crossed, do a pressure test on coolant system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Coolant is entering the combustion chambers aka cylinders and it's burning up somewhat that's why there's white smoke in the exhaust. Common problems after wrecking bikes or overreving is the clyinder head gaskets leaking coolant into the cylinders. Overpressure from the reving causes the head bolts to stretch and eventually they stretch enough to allow the gasket to leak coolant into the cylinders. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts