Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I got into a bit of a scuffle with the pavement last year. Did some damage to my body and to my bike as well. Long story short; virtually every piece of plastic on my 2008 ZX10r is damaged and I need a new set!

I've looked at buying OEM replacements from bike shops and online. Lots of dollars that would cost. On the other hand, I see kits on ebay for as low as $500. But I've heard horror stories about those kits.

Is there anyone that knows anything about a decent quality set of plastics for the zx10r that will fit? I can't seem to find any threads anywhere regarding this matter and I know there has got to be more people out there with the same question as me. Maybe there's a thread on this website that I couldn't find... :dontknow:

I know I could probably piece together a complete set by shopping around ebay and buying "lightly used" fairings, or I could piece together a structurally sound set and wrap/paint it myself. I'd rather not penny pinch, I'd rather just buy a complete set but I'd also rather not waste a ton of money on a set from a bike shop parts catalog. Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
she it

I got an aftermarket set from ninjafairings.com. Good fitment, but abs plastic is garbage for durability. Worth the money.

Don't buy from bikebolts.com. Shitty product, shitty service.
Yea I am not looking for anything super fancy, just a set that fits nicely, looks decent and is of reasonably solid material. I like this website but they don't make a set for an 08 zx10 :dontknow:

It looks like I'm just gonna have to roll the dice with this one and see what the internet gives me in return for my several hundred or so dollars that I give to it. :eyecrazy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts