1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
So so tempting, I'm just looking at the pics and worried about the neck of the frame being bent.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So so tempting, I'm just looking at the pics and worried about the neck of the frame being bent.

Agreed. Looking at the pics, the front wheel looks like its a little too close to the exhaust but the forks look fairly straight which makes me think its the frame.

If the title is rebuildable that's worth a bit right there regardless of frame condition.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
well, the motor alone is worth it, then you can sell the speedo for 100, forks 200, swingarm 150, rims 300 if straight, blue tank 300, headlight 200, rear brake assembly 100, triple tree 150......come to think of it......brb

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats exactly what i was thinking.

If someone was just looking for a low miles motor, just buy the whole lot that this guy has and then turn around and sell everything else.

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
hey j bleezy you gonna part it out? if so i kinda like to get the bolts from the side covers. the ones that screw into the tank. i circled in blue. hell if those side covers have the tabs intact and not busted off i may be interested in those as well.

Attachments

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
nice deal! i wonder if his brother made it, looks nasty.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Glad to see that someone on here got it, if I would have seen it sooner, I would have picked it up since its only a little over an hour from me. Good luck on getting it back together.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I was saying it was sold, I wasn't the one that bought it. I messaged him to ask him a question about the condition of the parts that he had, by the time he replied to my message someone had already bought it.

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
I was saying it was sold, I wasn't the one that bought it. I messaged him to ask him a question about the condition of the parts that he had, by the time he replied to my message someone had already bought it.
damn it jim! see what happens when you assume?:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
hey j bleezy you gonna part it out? if so i kinda like to get the bolts from the side covers. the ones that screw into the tank. i circled in blue. hell if those side covers have the tabs intact and not busted off i may be interested in those as well.
I just trashed a set of those plastic pieces today. had them for sale on here for months. :dontknow:

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
I just trashed a set of those plastic pieces today. had them for sale on here for months. :dontknow:
that figures.
i guess i rode the short bus to school once or twice.they might have even let me honk the horn too.either way i was a window licker :dontknow:

i got two sets but the tabs are broke on both. i can live with the set i have on the bike now but need the screws that mount it to the tank. you got 'em?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Man LL Cool James, I need the same damn screw! I'm going to home depot to see if I can work something out with these screws.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
that figures.
i guess i rode the short bus to school once or twice.they might have even let me honk the horn too.either way i was a window licker :dontknow:

i got two sets but the tabs are broke on both. i can live with the set i have on the bike now but need the screws that mount it to the tank. you got 'em?
No sorry no screws. Give your local Fastenal a call they will have them ask them for a black button head screw with whatever that thread is.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts