Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
deleted to prevent further offending people.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I'd be very careful who you let do your rebuild and the machine work.
Very careful...

If you do all that work. When its done get a custom map made for that motor. Hope you've got lots of cash to dump..

·
Registered
425 Posts
I stopped reading at the word "dinasour"...

whatever.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I would go with Kawasaki kit intake cam, Kawasaki Kit thin headgasket, Full exhaust, PcIII, Custom map, and 520 chain kit -1 in the front.

Attack can do all this for you...I did those mod's and she is a real beast now. Head work does very little for performance on the gen 1 motor I hear. 3mm over pistons are just to much money in my book.

http://www.attackperformance.com/

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Not looking to go all out with a turbo or supercharger. At least one person had some good ideas. Bottom line is the motor has around 18k miles and I want to refresh it. Where do I get the cash? I work hard and am lucky enough to have a strong career field. The port work wasn't exactly top on my list of things to do. And to the "dinosaur" comment....I was being sarcastic. If I thought it was a dino would I sink 7k into the motor? Seriously. Thanks for the reply right now she dyno's around 161 hopefully with a better map cams and other work I hope to push 175ish. Just curious if this is doable or not with the motor work I am considering.

For those that don't care to be tricked and are getting migraines. I apologize I suppose? It's interesting to see people damn near flame me for wanting to do work on my 10 now that i've put almost 20k down on the streets.

Oh and the being tricked? Uh If you read it was actuall a question put out to people who have done similar mods on a gen 1 and what results did they get. So no it wasn't a trick but perhaps a little glorified title.

·
Registered
223 Posts
you will probably have more fun with an Ohlin's Superbike fork and a rear shock ... And if you really have a lot of money left, either your wire it to me (....) or you can get the full brembo bling set with THE mc (the one that costs 2grants) and the correspondant monobloc calipers...
And if you really have money left, by racing tires, rent a race track and we will get there with you to have fun !!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Okie Dokie......Great Info.

actually going Ohlins internals on forks and an ohlin's rear don't need 9,000 dollar fork when I can't push that fork to it's limits or anywhere near it as I weigh abou 260lbs geared up the motor mods are my next priority.

Katoom thanks for your information there. Actually I like that way a bit better but what about results?

No sir not a crack dealer just a professional.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.