Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Would you come to a 10r rally at the dragon?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please Check the new area for Rally Information in the Regional Forum section of ZX-10r.net. There is a sub folder that is for meet ups and rallies. All info will be found there.

CLICK ME, I AM THE LINK

After some discussion in another thread, I have decided to gauge interest in a 10r rally at the dragon. This thread will serve as a feeler for the magnitude of interest.

Maybe we can start small in the spring/summer of 2010 and build steam from there.

Would you like to meet and ride with some fellow 10r riders?

Members that are interested:
(i added names that voted in the poll even if you didn't post)

Being on the list doesn't obligate you for anything, and if you want off, just pm me.

1. abusfullofnuns
2. Tenn10
3. The Joker 008
4. hus
5. 5-F Dawg
6. Treyzx10r
7. Wicked
8. Cardeea
9. Kawi Kilburn
10. zx10x2
11. oz914
12. olec4
13. mongo350
14. ingnite15
15. disturbedninja
16. stwcar
17. 10R-rugger
18. Weazel
19. Gldnchildek9
20. buszx10r
21. tank240b
22. sumofnoreturn
23. 1madkaw
24. RandyG
25. justins07zx10
26. filthy1
27. Spyderman
28. mikyl
29. BDB10R
30. whatarush
31. dc5rn
32. JamieJohns
33. Predator @X-10
34. canZX10r
35. zootzoot35
36. WLTD
37. twowheelcrazy
38. tbass
39. Titanium Joe
40. steptomyjett
41. Sonic10R
42. SoJersey10R
43. TMAC
44. ONion
45. omofo
46. ninjamaster6-10
47. nick25077
48. mikeycartel
49. mgulock
50. leZx10
51. KennyWVU07
52. FreakyA$$Fireman
53. daveb4c
54. 06TENR
55. abrep07
56. Krazyeydla
57. yammaxx
58. Nick.inf
59. LouisZX10R
60. lowkey420
61. Jingalls1000
62. JHSkier
63. Green Meenie
64. fbmbks
65. edouble
66. danger433
67. BluBallz
68. ghost057

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I voted for the summer, but actually either one is FINE with me. :mrgreen: Let's do it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think it's an ok idea but why not somewhere different like T.W.O. http://www.twowheelsonly.com/ ? Not so crowded but still plenty of riders to meet and a ton of good twisty roads. Also, you can ride up Twisty 60 to the Gap from here. I know it's probably not the popular choice because of all the talk the Gap receives, but I wouldn't even go up to the Gap if weren't for the Cherohala Skyway. Just a thought...but I would probably do a 10r Gap Rally.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
im actually down for this...i live in NewMexicoand if we can set dates early now i would love to meet with you guys....also there are a ton of guys i ride with who would be totally down to go problem is they ride other manufacturers is that a problem?:)

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
I'm in. The dragon is four hours away...TWO is a little over an hour. And I'll meet up any time of year. Like right now, for example :thumbsup:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it's an ok idea but why not somewhere different like T.W.O. http://www.twowheelsonly.com/ ? Not so crowded but still plenty of riders to meet and a ton of good twisty roads. Also, you can ride up Twisty 60 to the Gap from here. I know it's probably not the popular choice because of all the talk the Gap receives, but I wouldn't even go up to the Gap if weren't for the Cherohala Skyway. Just a thought...but I would probably do a 10r Gap Rally.
while I think that idea would be great, i am not sure that it would motivate people to travel like the gap would. either way, I am not trying to drive this bus, just getting it rolling.

as far as other manufacturers, i couldn't care less. i went to the sv rally last year on my 10r and I probably will this year too. its in june, its hot, and the place is crawling with bikes and cars. that's why i voted for a spring rally.

you guys feel free to throw out ideas on what would make a rally good to you.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'm in Tennessee, so count me in.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
After some discussion in another thread, I have decided to gauge interest in a 10r rally at the dragon. This thread will serve as a feeler for the magnitude of interest.

Maybe we can start small in the spring/summer of 2010 and build steam from there.

Would you like to meet and ride with some fellow 10r riders?

How about a tentative attendance list in the OP? As this thread gets longer it will make things much easier.

3 mods already showing interest. Way to represent.:eek:ccasion1

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I would but I think that the mad sunday at the isle's of man tt is better!! A lot of under cover/unmarked officers lately at the dragon. Friend of mine and about 7 other buddies just went up there maybe 1-2 months ago...3 of them got tickets on top of one got a written arrested!! Be careful up there, they said there cracking down...

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would but I think that the mad sunday at the isle's of man tt is better!! A lot of under cover/unmarked officers lately at the dragon. Friend of mine and about 7 other buddies just went up there maybe 1-2 months ago...3 of them got tickets on top of one got a written arrested!! Be careful up there, they said there cracking down...
If you can go to the isle of man tt for the price it costs me to go to the dragon, then count me in too.

as far as the police enforcement, its always tough. i was up there for a total of 14 days in june and july, and came away with out a ticket. i probably deserved 100, but you have to be smart. you get up early and make a couple of runs across the dragon, then have breakfast at deals gap store. once breakfast is finished, i usually head away from the dragon. i know multiple routes that are over 300 miles without a 1/4 mile of straights. no popo's as well.

·
Registered
648 Posts
you guys feel free to throw out ideas on what would make a rally good to you.
Something that would attract even more people would be, get everyone to pitch in money and we could rent out a road course for the weekend! Road Atlanta, VIR, CMP, etc. ??? Wouldn't have to worry about getting tickets, arrested, etc. and i promise you everyone would have A LOT more fun!!! :eek:ccasion1 Some friends and i checked into renting CMP a few years ago, and i think it was gonna cost about 5 or 6 grand for the weekend, but with enough interest and people chipping in, it would be more then worth it!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I'm down, as long as it is on a weekend.

·
Registered
987 Posts
im in for sure ! id like to see it later in the spring time but when ever works.... if any others from new england wanna go send me a PM when the time gets near. 14-15 hour ride whooot !

·
Registered
281 Posts
id be there anytime summer or spring yall just let me know and ill be there!!! planin on heading that way in a week or so!!

im sure we will disguss this more in detail but if ur from sc georgia and surounding areas we could make a nice ride up us 28 to the gap, a nice lil convoy of 10's

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
That'd be a lot of fun, I say we time it to overlap McCoy Motorsports annual r1/r6 rally, show them boys some real bikes

1 - 20 of 80 Posts