Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I sold my Evo X and am looking to get another car. I have about 2 years until I'm out of grad school with an actual teaching job. I don't want to get into another payment right now, and honestly my bike would do fine except going to get groceries. I hate asking people for favors, and my two roommates are lame. I sold the Evo because it was just so much and still wasn't as fun as my bike. Having four-doors when everyone else has two is an automatic designated driver tag. I just got tired of the Evo, fun but for the time and money that was in it, I didn't get to enjoy it as much.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/2548488492.html

That's the Miata I'm going to go checkout tomorrow, me and the guy already decided on a price so if all is good, it will be mine. Talked to the previous owner and he said it didn't have any problems when he had it. Anything I should look for with these? Any idea what price would be a good deal?

Any help will be appreciated! And btw, I think Miata's are for girls, but throw on a simple forced induction setup and a hardtop and it's a dope little street car for under $8k.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
That car is stupid and gay. A miata is a miata no matter how you slice it. Dangle from Reno 911 drove one. WTF, even the monster Miata's with the LS1's are gay. (even though they are fast)

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
I personally would not buy a miata (i dont think i would fit in one), especially one that has been "souped up". You own a zx10r, that is fast enough.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Only one i would own is one of the new ones, those look pretty sick. They call them mx-5 now instead of miata, probably to get rid the the stigma of being a girl/gay car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
get an srt-4, they can be had for a little more money, and to avoid your car being the designated college taxi, rip out your rear seats, for weight savings ;)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha I wouldn't be getting a miata to be fast, I rarely go anywhere in a car but to the store. My buddy had an srt-4 don't really care for them. And what's wrong with dangle?! Lol no miata fans huh?!

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
I wouldn't get one either, prepare to be clowned a ton.

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
I wouldn't mind getting a Miata if I wasn't a BMW fan... :mrgreen:

Seriously, if you like it, get it.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Get the MIATA...

It's the most solid convertible I have ever driven...

I have driven 911 convertible, Volvo convertible, mustang convertible... Mercedes was solid and so was the VW cabrio convertible...

The MIATA is a great handling car... One of the celeberity challenges was with the MIATA and they race in SCCA...

Get some race stripes change the rims you can make it work...

HANDLING is unreal!

It's a for now car not a forever car... I drove a sky blue 4 door rabbit in college with sky blue interior... I still pulled women and people with out cars still wanted to ride...

Get the MIATA and have fun... Oh get some good tires too...

Enjoy... the car handles like it's on rails... Just don't get a loud ass exhaust:crackup:

Now if you were getting a del sol I would say hell to the no...

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Never would buy a Miata....
Much less a SRT4, 9R said a Miata is a Miata no matter how you slice it, but and SRT4 is a Neon no matter how you slice it lol

If you want a older two door i would go with a 98+ Z28 Camaro.
If you dont like american cars like a lot of people, then a Nissan 350z ?
Or if it needs to be a convertible, go for the S2000... still probably wouldnt buy one of those. I dont like small cars.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wouldn't mind getting a Miata if I wasn't a BMW fan... :mrgreen:

Seriously, if you like it, get it.
Word, I was also looking into a 76 BMW 2002, but the dude sold it out from under me. Oh well. Nobody liked my Dodge Ram 1500 bagged on 22's, but I sure had fun in it, and when I had one of my bikes loaded up, everyone stared.

Get the MIATA...

It's the most solid convertible I have ever driven...

I have driven 911 convertible, Volvo convertible, mustang convertible... Mercedes was solid and so was the VW cabrio convertible...

The MIATA is a great handling car... One of the celeberity challenges was with the MIATA and they race in SCCA...

Get some race stripes change the rims you can make it work...

HANDLING is unreal!

It's a for now car not a forever car... I drove a sky blue 4 door rabbit in college with sky blue interior... I still pulled women and people with out cars still wanted to ride...

Get the MIATA and have fun... Oh get some good tires too...

Enjoy... the car handles like it's on rails... Just don't get a loud ass exhaust:crackup:

Now if you were getting a del sol I would say hell to the no...
I've heard nothing but good things about Miata handling, I'm stoked. Definitely not a forever car, just so I can drop cash out of pocket and not worry about a payment. I think it'd make a nice little car for what I want it for.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,333 Posts
That car is stupid and gay. A miata is a miata no matter how you slice it. Dangle from Reno 911 drove one. WTF, even the monster Miata's with the LS1's are gay. (even though they are fast)
:spit: This^^^

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Miatas are retarded s2000's

Get a s2000, it's one of the best, if not the best roadster ever built.
S2000's cost more than twice any used Miata. I said I wanted to just use cash out of pocket for this purchase, not finance another car. But I agree, S2000's are awesome. :thumbsup:

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Just buy it man, shit I drive a Saturn. Probably one of the gayest cars around, and yeah I catch hell from my buddies but I don't give a shit it's paid off runs great and gets 37+ MPG!! I do a 50 mile commute everyday to work so that's my reasoning. Like Andy said, yeah there gay but who cars what other people think!!

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
The Miata, is the SV650 of cars. Gets no respect from the haters, but those in the know enjoy the hell out of them and tear up the tracks.

The one you linked, no way. "Slammed"= car equivelent to a squid's bike. Find one posted from a car club forum that already has frame connectors, brakes, and suspension work. Think of it as a 4 wheel mc, the best deals are the ones already modded if you plan to go that route

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,132 Posts
Your going to school , get it. A guy in a gay car gets the girl and when you bring her home to meet the 10R, she knows your all man..:crackup:
I had a 85 VW GTI back in the days, fun car.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
So I sold my Evo X and am looking to get another car. I have about 2 years until I'm out of grad school with an actual teaching job. I don't want to get into another payment right now, and honestly my bike would do fine except going to get groceries. I hate asking people for favors, and my two roommates are lame. I sold the Evo because it was just so much and still wasn't as fun as my bike. Having four-doors when everyone else has two is an automatic designated driver tag. I just got tired of the Evo, fun but for the time and money that was in it, I didn't get to enjoy it as much.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/2548488492.html

That's the Miata I'm going to go checkout tomorrow, me and the guy already decided on a price so if all is good, it will be mine. Talked to the previous owner and he said it didn't have any problems when he had it. Anything I should look for with these? Any idea what price would be a good deal?

Any help will be appreciated! And btw, I think Miata's are for girls, but throw on a simple forced induction setup and a hardtop and it's a dope little street car for under $8k.
You ever heard the expression that it's the man that makes the car... not the other way around.:lol: Seriously though one of the most balanced chassis out there and handling is superb. Some of you're friends might bust your balls a little bit though.

And if you're 6 foot or taller it will be a bit of a squeeze.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts