Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just asking the question because it looks like a nice spot for a small GoPro Session... but I don't want to affect performance too much. Do you think this could have a major effect on the air flow ?

I made a professionnal Photoshop mockup of where the GoPro Session would sit.

What are your thoughts on it ?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Below 100 mph -less than measurable effect on air box pressure and potential ram air hp increase. Above -probably some but not necessarily noticed. My wild guess anyway, but I would not mount a camera in that location on my bike either way.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Below 100 mph -less than measurable effect on air box pressure and potential ram air hp increase. Above -probably some but not necessarily noticed. My wild guess anyway, but I would not mount a camera in that location on my bike either way.
Perspective is terrible from the front of a bike anyway...

Generally riders chest, under helmet or something that allows for the front of the bike to be on the shot is best from a froont facing camera. Without proper perspective you get no sense of speed or anything

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Tommy? Been watching your videos for a few years now. Awesome stuff! I've never been able to get good video. But that's okay, I just watch your stuff and I'm good. :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Best place to mount a go pro is in front of the rider in the helmet nook of the tank, right before the top of the triple. You can adjust it to see through the windshield and then you get to see the speedometer and tachometer. Placing the camera there gives the rider watching later feedback on corner speed entry and exit speed. It also gives the viewer the whole picture of how fast you are going and ho much you are leaning the motorcycle.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Love that vid man! Just got back from Ark a week ago.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Best place to mount a go pro is in front of the rider in the helmet nook of the tank, right before the top of the triple. You can adjust it to see through the windshield and then you get to see the speedometer and tachometer. Placing the camera there gives the rider watching later feedback on corner speed entry and exit speed. It also gives the viewer the whole picture of how fast you are going and ho much you are leaning the motorcycle.
That’s what I do on my gen 4 and 5 it works good and I’m 6’1” tall and can tuck fine. A guy near me mounts a hero 4 in his intake on a new s1000rr and it looks hideous

1 - 10 of 10 Posts