Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so currently on my 09, it has a jardine gp1 slip on and link pipe. i like the sound being deep, its a little loud for me but i have gotten used to it. the bike seems to run very well with it, but seems like it doesnt have much low end below 8000 rpms. i plan on getting the ecu flashed and prob gonna ditch my pc3, so i was wondering whats the best style exhaust for racing? i plan to lower and stretch the bike in the next few weeks. i hear if i put a normal exhaust on i will gain low end but lose top end. any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Put a brocks AlienHead on it and call it a day. Once you lower and stretch it the bike won't see below 8,000 rpms at the track anyway.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
brocks pipes are built for hp and his maps are highly developed and researched, you also get a better tune with his pipe than the average tuner will produce. do a search, there are also other things to strengthen the midrange on gen. 3 10's.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the stretch and gearing is getting ordered in 2 weeks, just ordered my strap for it, but for a tune, i plan to get the ecu reflashed, i also cant figure out how to download a map. when i plug my pc3 into my computer i dont get any pop ups, and i have tried to download every thing on the site, i am using a mac, and dont understand it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Is the PC powered on and do u have the software off the Dynojet website?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i will turn the bike on, and i try to download the software but i cant get it to open on this damn mac. i dont think its downloading right. i want to mess with my map on this bike.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yeah sorry man, can't help u much with the pos Mac stuff. Stoped buying that shit after running into problems such as this. Hope u figure it out

·
Registered
250 Posts
ya i will turn the bike on, and i try to download the software but i cant get it to open on this damn mac. i dont think its downloading right. i want to mess with my map on this bike.
Running Windows software on a mac is a PITA. Best bet is to do a dual boot or get a program like "parallels" that allows you top run windows in a second window.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Running Windows software on a mac is a PITA. Best bet is to do a dual boot or get a program like "parallels" that allows you top run windows in a second window.
:+1: This is the actual reason why I didnt go a Mac when buying a laptop considering that 70% of its use was for PCV tuning/updating etc..

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
I have a MacBook pro and have no problems with the dynojet software. And I guarentee that my Mac will out perform almost anyone one here's laptop. If you need help anything Mac related let me know and I'm more than happy to help. Dyno jets software is a pc only application, so I use parrallels which I downloaded for free, and installed windows free. I can send you links, or heck even set it up for you by remotely controlling your mac through iChat. Would love to see someone do that with their pc... :lol: anyways let me know if you need some help. But the program will not run on Mac os. I'm a huge apple nerd so any apple products you need help with (minus the apple tv, I haven't gotten one.... YET) just send me a message and I am more than happy to help you out and show you how much better macs are than pc's.

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Yea, parallels is definatly the better way to go. You can run it in cohearense mode and just have to dynojet application open and running along with all your other applications, that way you can still use the Mac side to be on the internet and look at tutorials and such, while you are running the dynojet on the PC side. Its very easy with parallels. Dual boot is a pain in the a$$ and you have to restart your computer when you want to go from Mac to PC and vise versa, and if you get a virus on the PC side you have to do a complete reinstall (Just like you would on a normal PC) as opposed to Parallels you can save a "Screenshot" and if you do something to mess it up, you can revert to that time at any point. Its actually really cool the way it works.

Ohh, and i would love to see a PC run windows and Mac applications side by side...... Or allow someone from a remote location take control of your screen and talk to you over the built in mic all macs (all macs after like 05) to talk like a phone conversation while you are showing them what to do....

:kneel:

SCORE:
:+1: for mac
0 for PC

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
so you can have the 1 and PC can have the what, 99%? Since the rest of the world, minus the coffee shop hippies, is on Windows? (not with any malice, just with the numbers. I had to edit this in because I know my way of typing reflects my way of talking, but over a computer it sounds like Im just trying to attack you when Im just saying stuff thats not meant to be personal.)

And just saying, I know a kid that I went to high school with who used his PC to take over another PC so he could do some shit to other PCs without his ISP and such being traced.

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
And the reason why most people use pc's is because 90% of the 99% can't afford a Mac, and if the could, would buy a Mac. There is a reason apple is the most valuable company the world has ever seen. Everything on a Mac is just so much easier than on a pc, I will agree, that you can do some cool stuff with The hardware on pc's, I mean my cusin has a fingerprint reader, but the operating system is what it comes down to, and mac osx has windows beat 1000 to 1.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Im just pokin fun at you lol. I cant get into a real argument about it because I dont know shit about computers, at least not enough to have a real discussion. Ive had Windows since forever so its the good I know. The times Ive used friends Macs, I about punched the screen because it confused me with how damn difficult it was more than anything. I think the "user-friendly" category would just have to be a draw between the 2 because its what youre used to. At least thats been my experience when friends have tried to use my computers. That and my gf had a macbook, one day it just died on her. Ive never had that happen to any of my computers (thats just personal experience). I just cant see myself using something that is all about how pretty it looks :ninnyslap::crackup:

my bad for threadjacking this.

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Haha I know, I'm just poking fun too. And your right, it is what your used to mostly. I bought my dad a MacBook pro, and he tells me all the time that the hardest part about the computer is having to slow down and realize how easy everything is. It is definitely different though.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
No argument there brotha. Difference in preference. For me, it was like video games, you got used to the better, faster cars and all that and then trying to drive the slower ones was REALLY hard.

OP, just a question, did you make sure you pushed the USB cable in the PC until it kinda clicked so you know it was completely secured? Ive had mine show nothing because I thought I had the cable pushed in, but it wasnt.

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
No argument there brotha. Difference in preference. For me, it was like video games, you got used to the better, faster cars and all that and then trying to drive the slower ones was REALLY hard.

OP, just a question, did you make sure you pushed the USB cable in the PC until it kinda clicked so you know it was completely secured? Ive had mine show nothing because I thought I had the cable pushed in, but it wasnt.
His problem is not it not recognizing the USB, because it will recognize it, his problem is the dynojet Application that recognizes it won't open. It downloads on a Mac as a .exe file, and when he tried to hope it it opens as a text file because the Mac software doesn't recognize the programming language.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
ahhh!! can you alter the file type to a mac recognized one?

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
ahhh!! can you alter the file type to a mac recognized one?
Nope. It's not necessarily the type of file in this situation that makes the difference. It's written in a whole different language type that the Mac is not meant to process. And vise Versa, that is why you can't run final cut pro on a pc, the pc just can't read the language.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts