Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Gen 5 ZX10R
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the most squid mod you have ever seen on a bike? What mods do you think are the dumbest that bikers do?

Just here for the comments/replies..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,756 Posts
I'll start.

There was this one time that a guy here cut some square holes in the frame spars of his ZX-10 in an effort to redirect the ram air directly into the airbox. The chicken wire holding the foam air filters flowed way more air that way. It was a little genius.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I'll start.

There was this one time that a guy here cut some square holes in the frame spars of his ZX-10 in an effort to redirect the ram air directly into the airbox. The chicken wire holding the foam air filters flowed way more air that way. It was a little genius.

lol, ShervinRRR

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
...the fellow on the 6R forums who drilled through his ecu, multiple times, to install a fender eliminator.... then posted a bunch of pictures asking why his bike wouldn't start. That one made it to every forum in the world, I believe.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,756 Posts
...the fellow on the 6R forums who drilled through his ecu, multiple times, to install a fender eliminator.... then posted a bunch of pictures asking why his bike wouldn't start. That one made it to every forum in the world, I believe.
HAHAHA! I forgot about that dude! That was another good one!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,756 Posts
How about the guy on the Squid Sled forum that poured NOS energy drink into his gas tank. That was an epic thread.
Another classic! Hahaha! I bet that bike smelled so sweet though! :D

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
The Bluedevil one

·
Registered
18 zx10r
432 Posts
The worst mod? Trying to find some common ground on selecting a quality shock that isn't Ohlins? LOL

·
Registered
706 Posts
I'm on the fence about integrated rear turn signals. I think they look really fantastic by cleaning up the back end of a bike but the compromise to turn signal visibility affects safety too much.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,756 Posts
I'm on the fence about integrated rear turn signals. I think they look really fantastic by cleaning up the back end of a bike but the compromise to turn signal visibility affects safety too much.
Oh please. Any true motorcycle rider will use the proper hand signals to indicate the direction of a turn. And they'll turn their heads to look over their shoulders to make sure the lane or turn is clear of obstructions before actually moving over. Turn signals shouldn't even be installed on the bike in the first place! Don't worry about that "safety feature" at all because it isn't one! :cool:

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,008 Posts
Ehh, I have integrated signals. Love them and they are very noticeable. Besides I ride like I'm invisible anyway. And if I gotta change lanes I give it gas and get over so it's a non issue

·
Registered
706 Posts
Oh please. Any true motorcycle rider will use the proper hand signals to indicate the direction of a turn. And they'll turn their heads to look over their shoulders to make sure the lane or turn is clear of obstructions before actually moving over. Turn signals shouldn't even be installed on the bike in the first place! Don't worry about that "safety feature" at all because it isn't one! :cool:
I'm actually very anal about safety so I already do all 3. Turn signal, hand signal and shoulder check. I even use my Reevu helmet on the street for added awareness. It's all kept me accident free for almost 20 years of street riding. I still opted for MotoDynamic signals on my bike rather than my 1st choice. My 1st choice being integrated but the ones that I've seen could hardly be noticed at highway speed. I'm not worried about making a safe lane change, it's the cagers that aren't paying attention and are speeding past me. Cagers are horrible in my city. They speed excessively (I know cause I'm always a little over the limit) and when on the highway, they constantly pass on the right where you shouldn't expect them to.

If there's a super, duper bright integrated signal then I would seriously consider combining it with a HotBodies undertail kit for a slick look.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,756 Posts
I'm actually very anal about safety so I already do all 3. Turn signal, hand signal and shoulder check. I even use my Reevu helmet on the street for added awareness. It's all kept me accident free for almost 20 years of street riding. I still opted for MotoDynamic signals on my bike rather than my 1st choice. My 1st choice being integrated but the ones that I've seen could hardly be noticed at highway speed. I'm not worried about making a safe lane change, it's the cagers that aren't paying attention and are speeding past me. Cagers are horrible in my city. They speed excessively (I know cause I'm always a little over the limit) and when on the highway, they constantly pass on the right where you shouldn't expect them to.

If there's a super, duper bright integrated signal then I would seriously consider combining it with a HotBodies undertail kit for a slick look.
You know how the saying goes....Objects in mirror no longer matter. If you're out in front, then you won't need to worry about the people behind you and they won't care about your turn signals. :p

To answer your question more accurately, I have used a few if the integrated taillights over the years. The brightest and best one I've used is the CustomLED Blaster-X. I used that on my Gen 3 and Gen 4. My Gen 2 used a DoctorFX taillight which had green corner lights and a mode to blink different colors like a disco ball. They weren't around very long, but it was a nice product. My current MotoDynamic integrated taillight is comparable to the Blaster-X. I don't think you'll have a problem with that as the integrated signals are sequential and the taillight turns off on the side when the signal is activated. Plus it has the brake flash feature. Same as the Blaster-X. The MotoDynamic for the my Gen 5 was a little more aesthetic to me with the smoked lens and it's plenty bright. If you don't care about that, then get the CustomLED and you won't have any issues. Hell, I probably still have that one in my garage somewhere. :ROFLMAO:

FYI - I ran that on my G4 with the Hotbodies tail section also. Looked nice for what was. That Hotbodies undertail is a piece of crap like all their stuff. It's the best option and does look nice on the bike. Just know what you're getting into with that. That's still in my garage somewhere too. :LOL: I'm not saying not to get it, just be aware of that going into it and be more careful with it. I think there's pics of all of that in my gallery here if you want to see the combo.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,008 Posts

So you know it's stupid easy to upgrade the LEDs in any tail light if you are halfway decent with a soldering iron and can use Google. There are some smd LEDs out there that put out crazy amounts of light. I have done this on my 05 because I couldn't find an integrated setup I liked so I made my own. Just had to run the blinker wires in there. Little rtv sealant and it was back together and perfect. Now I run a clear tail light with integrated and it's plenty bright but unlike you I don't get passed often unless it's an area that is hot with chp. I don't like having cages pass me or even be near me cause they tend to think it's ok to tailgate or ride in my blind spot. I find it safer to just keep passing

·
Registered
Gen 5 ZX10R
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TST Industries makes the cleanest one with 9 programmable modes! Check them out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
The Pace
7,042 Posts
lol, no mods for me, except the basic can and fender. My flash of thread topic was the subject of 'moderator' the major foundation problem of all rider sites. The ONLY 'mod' is simply this: study: start with Twist Wrist via Code. Review and review and apply. Takes time.

No super bike needs mods except for the can and fender unless approaching pro stature and note that may be necessary to change a gear on a certain track, etc. Usually all solved with the throttle.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts