Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...goin on two weeks with no day off, and don't see any relief in sight... I'm tired, burned out, and my stress reliver (10R) is "grounded" due to the fuggtastic weather. Helping birth a new OS is always an experience, to say the least. Thank God Redmond only releases one every 4-5 years or so..... This ole squirrel's a draggin' his tail, but come Tuesday it'll all be worth it. :wink:

D

·
.net Most Followed Member
8,795 Posts
BigDally said:
...goin on two weeks with no day off, and don't see any relief in sight... I'm tired, burned out, and my stress reliver (10R) is "grounded" due to the fuggtastic weather. Helping birth a new OS is always an experience, to say the least. Thank God Redmond only releases one every 4-5 years or so..... This ole squirrel's a draggin' his tail, but come Tuesday it'll all be worth it. :wink:

D
ohhh so thats why u havent been around!! i was about to make a thread wheres BIG DALLY ...:wink: :lol:

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
luis.pita said:
ohhh so thats why u havent been around!! i was about to make a thread wheres BIG DALLY ...:wink: :lol:
...well, I'm quite sure it wouldn't get nearly the amount of posts/responses yours did. You are quite the popular furner, even if you do have a "thing" for hoofed beasts... :heyyou: :badteeth:

D

·
.net Most Followed Member
8,795 Posts
BigDally said:
...well, I'm quite sure it wouldn't get nearly the amount of posts/responses yours did. You are quite the popular furner, even if you do have a "thing" for hoofed beasts... :heyyou: :badteeth:

D
nope!!! not popular at all......and im not as close to be famous here, 7 months here and 1780 posts only. :wink: but sure enjoy the 10 as all of us do and i make it possible to visit this forum at least once per day ....even fer 5 minutes :wink: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Haven't seen much of either of you as of late. What exactly do you do Bdally? I work for a Japanese parts supplier and know where you are coming from. Salary sucks!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Heck, you had to have been busy too Luis, I can get on in the middle of the day or night and you are logged on? LOL

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bonz said:
Haven't seen much of either of you as of late. What exactly do you do Bdally? I work for a Japanese parts supplier and know where you are coming from. Salary sucks!
...that's a good question. I work at one of Dell's Dimension manufacturing facilies. They keep my ass locked in a lab for public safety; at least that's what I tell peeps. Most of my work involves supporting our NPI (New Product Introduction) department in regards to factory readiness for new platforms, OSs, and other misc. hardware/software. Keeps me on my toes to say the least, but I do love my job. :wink:

D

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hey BigDally.....I have been working 7 days a week since the begining of September....I have had 5 days off since Sept 1st....I have been logging around 75 hours a week since then.....My first check of 2007, I had 106.5 hours of overtime! No end in sight here either......It looks like this could go on for another 3-6 months....

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
BigDally said:
...now that's what I call "extreme"!!! :beer: :wink:

D
Yeah kind of extreme, but it keeps me from abusing my self the minute I get on the computer! LOL

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mach_man_187 said:
Hey BigDally.....I have been working 7 days a week since the begining of September....I have had 5 days off since Sept 1st....I have been logging around 75 hours a week since then.....My first check of 2007, I had 106.5 hours of overtime! No end in sight here either......It looks like this could go on for another 3-6 months....
...dude, I'm sorry to hear that. Those crazy hours gotta take a tole on ya. You be careful commuting to work on such a schedule. I've already totaled one vehicle coming home late one night, and drifting off the road... :headshake

D

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Just think of all the money you are making................and all the parts you can buy.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hey, BigDally, when is Dell going to ship workstations with Linux preinstalled? I work in a big Linux (RedHat) shop, and we love the Dells. I run FC6 on a 9150 with 4Gigs of ram. Works good for the pretty Beryl effects, etc...

Watch the burnout. I've been there, done that.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
rossiFan said:
Hey, BigDally, when is Dell going to ship workstations with Linux preinstalled? I work in a big Linux (RedHat) shop, and we love the Dells. I run FC6 on a 9150 with 4Gigs of ram. Works good for the pretty Beryl effects, etc...

Watch the burnout. I've been there, done that.
Good question. I've been wonderin' that myself. We used to offer a Redhat distribution preinstallation on our Dimension line, but that has since went the way of the DoDo.....

Managed to snag a good 8 hrs of sleep last night, so all is gettin' better already. :helmet:

D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts