Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok the quick story is that I sit next to this lady at work who coughs all day and doesn't cover her mouth. We sit like 5-6 feet away from each other. Well this lady has verbally attacked me on several occasions. talking about my up-bringing, the way I look, the cloths I wear, my parents, ect..... Now this is a huge company in NYC. So instead of flipping out on her like I really wanted to do(by the way this laby looks like a man) I report he to my bosses. Now the hole thing is they won't do a damn thing about it. They just say ignore her, which I do most of the time, but I'm not going to ignore when someone starts to insult me or my family or the way I was raised. Fuck that....... :thefinger I was raised in a great family. So my boss today basicly said he is not going to move her. So i said move me but he can't cause I'm a designer and where I sit was made for me. He also said that he has to catch her doing something to me and then she will be out the door. I have her on tape from one time she was flipping out on me and he still to this day doesn't want to hear the tape. Oh by the way our HR Dept. isn't worth a shit. It seems like anytime there is a problem management and HR run away from it.

So I ask you guys what do you think I should do. I like my job but I want management to do there jobs and handle the situation. I already have my resume out there and it shouldn't be to hard to find somewhere else. I would really like not to have to leave though. Any thoughts are apprieciated......

Thanks Guys
Scott

·
Registered
871 Posts
I feel for ya man, went through that same thing awhile back. . she eventually was let go for an unrelated incident, go higher up if need be, tell your boss that you are going to go over his head to get this resolved if you have too, tell him you would rather not go that route though, tell him you like and appreciate your job and that she makes it hard to be productive. . if that doesn't work. . .punch her and then him in the throat and find a job that appreciates you!!!

SG

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already want to punch both of them in the throat...lol........ Thank man.... Oh my boss is the V.P. of construction. So who do I go to above that.... The head guys of the company I don't think really want to hear this shit.....IMHO

·
Registered
516 Posts
Take the complaint up with your boss again, this time with a document it with a tape recorder. Contrary to what anyone says including HR as long as one person knows they are being recorded it is acceptable. Have the complaint in written form with a check box denoting "No action taken or alternative unacceptable." and a signature line with Title and date for your boss to sign. If he or she refuses send it in email form with reciept notification on it. Do not put in the Subject line anything that would indicate the content of the email (you want them to open it).

Go to your bosses boss a follow the same procedure. Next go to HR and open a formal complaint via email with the same procedure as above. At this point you need to decide if this is really worth pursuing because if they call your bluff you'll be labeled as a trouble maker and be 're-org'd' (fired). Tell the HR representative that you are being forced to work in a 'hostile' work environment and that you are filing a formal complaint with whatever your states version of the Equal Employment Opportunity Office is and that you may further pursue litigation against the company.

If your company is a publically traded company, the crusty old beotch will be moving tomorrow because any public press that holds the company in a negative light will acted on most expiditiously. Fear of frivolous lawsuits and the notoriously high jury awarded amounts in these cases is also another factor. You must document the process and demonstrate that you pursued all avenues available for this kind of complaint. Do not under any circumstances indicate that you have recorded the conversations to anyone except the EEOO office representative or your lawyer.

You have the tape recordings, forms and copies of the emails on your side as well as the ability to subpeona all of the emails of your bosses and HR as they are sure to discuss this without you in the loop. Now you are untouchable because anything that they do that is detrimental to your career can be traced to this complaint and would be considered retaliation by any court.

File your complaint with the EEOO and they will correspond with your company. If the situation is further ignored retain a lawyer, you just won the lottery. Litigate the pants off of those corporate miscreants and take some time off to enjoy your new fleet of bikes.:mrgreen:

Remain professional and do not discuss this with any of your office acqaintances. Do not belittle or badger the the old bag or your bosses. Simply proceed,document and execute allowing reasonable time for them to respond. Be sure you follow up if they don't respond with emails and conversations (document the times and dates). If all your ducks are in a row any litigation you pursue will very easy to prosecute.:mrgreen:

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, but merely a corporate executive offering an opinion as to how I would proceed in your scenario. I am not responsible if you get fired or other dire circumstances arise from your utilization of this information.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I always cc myself on emails that I think will not be acted upon so that I can later prove that I brought up a problem to someone elses attention. It gives me the date as well as the names of who i emailed the information to. You may want to cc yourself in addition to having the receipt confirmation, receipt confirmation can be turned off with some email programs, I have mine turned off because a few idiots in my company have every BS email they send out sent with receipt confirmation.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info....

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
tell the bitch your gonna hunt her down after work and kill her cat if she doesn't leave you the fuck alone. OR do what I do make them want to quite cause they can't stand you. $10 says she does't like it there anyways thats why she is such a bitch find her buttons and push them repeadly without getting in trouble and bam she will be gone.

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
eat a bunch of pickled eggs and wash it down with lots of beer the night before you go back to work and use some chemical warfare on her the next day:mrgreen:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
My guess is that she's a lesbian and that HR is scared to death of her for that very reason. Also might explain why she's so bitter, especially if you've commented in any negative way about gays/lesbian/trans, etc.

·
Banned
319 Posts
put a hit out on her.......i dont have anything going on next weeked....maybe she thinks that she went off the first time on you,...that she can do it again and again......at some point in time it is going to have to stop one way or the other......have you tea-bagged her coffee yet....lol......anyway good-luck with that rude biatchhh

·
Registered
828 Posts
pr0phet00 said:
Take the complaint up with your boss again, this time with a document it with a tape recorder. Contrary to what anyone says including HR as long as one person knows they are being recorded it is acceptable. Have the complaint in written form with a check box denoting "No action taken or alternative unacceptable." and a signature line with Title and date for your boss to sign. If he or she refuses send it in email form with reciept notification on it. Do not put in the Subject line anything that would indicate the content of the email (you want them to open it).

Go to your bosses boss a follow the same procedure. Next go to HR and open a formal complaint via email with the same procedure as above. At this point you need to decide if this is really worth pursuing because if they call your bluff you'll be labeled as a trouble maker and be 're-org'd' (fired). Tell the HR representative that you are being forced to work in a 'hostile' work environment and that you are filing a formal complaint with whatever your states version of the Equal Employment Opportunity Office is and that you may further pursue litigation against the company.

If your company is a publically traded company, the crusty old beotch will be moving tomorrow because any public press that holds the company in a negative light will acted on most expiditiously. Fear of frivolous lawsuits and the notoriously high jury awarded amounts in these cases is also another factor. You must document the process and demonstrate that you pursued all avenues available for this kind of complaint. Do not under any circumstances indicate that you have recorded the conversations to anyone except the EEOO office representative or your lawyer.

You have the tape recordings, forms and copies of the emails on your side as well as the ability to subpeona all of the emails of your bosses and HR as they are sure to discuss this without you in the loop. Now you are untouchable because anything that they do that is detrimental to your career can be traced to this complaint and would be considered retaliation by any court.

File your complaint with the EEOO and they will correspond with your company. If the situation is further ignored retain a lawyer, you just won the lottery. Litigate the pants off of those corporate miscreants and take some time off to enjoy your new fleet of bikes.:mrgreen:

Remain professional and do not discuss this with any of your office acqaintances. Do not belittle or badger the the old bag or your bosses. Simply proceed,document and execute allowing reasonable time for them to respond. Be sure you follow up if they don't respond with emails and conversations (document the times and dates). If all your ducks are in a row any litigation you pursue will very easy to prosecute.:mrgreen:

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, but merely a corporate executive offering an opinion as to how I would proceed in your scenario. I am not responsible if you get fired or other dire circumstances arise from your utilization of this information.

:+1:

well now that your done :postwhore .........j/k ..that has to be one of the most indepth, thoughout, and meticulous piece of info i have read on this site to date. and even a disclaimer :crackup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Be careful about electronic recordings....check your state & local laws. In some states it can be illegal if both parties do not agree or are unaware of the recordings, especially if the other party is under the assumption that there is an expectation of privacy. Things get a little murky regarding electronic evesdropping if there is no expectaion of privacy, for instance, outside in public.

Do send a formal letter to your supervisor and the HR dept. and ask that a copy of the letter be put in your employee file documenting the problems you have had, any corrective actions that you have offered or recommended and with who/whom and when you have discussed the issue with (Supervisors, etc.).

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
:iamwithst Best check your laws before you reveal the hidden tape recording. Or post a notice at the entrance to your office that all conversations will be recorded. It'll make you popular. :lol: Seriously if you have a notice up, then HR will hear about it and wonder WTF you're up to and the "female" in question will either knock it off, or will forget about it one time and let it rip and you'll have a legit recording.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey guys thanks for all the good responces. I documented everything that has gone on so I am just giving her time to hang herself. I have all the letters and emails saved. Also I told her I was recording the conversation and she said for me to go ahead with my spy bullshit. So I did.

However I did get her a couple of times with I'm not going to say it outright, but I'm sure everyone seen Wedding Crashers. Remember when they were out at the island having dinner and Owen Willson sent her boyfriend to the bathroom for the night.. Well there you go..

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Did you get her saying it was OK to record on tape? If so, she's either completely arrogant and doesn't think anybody can do anything to her legally, or a complete idiot.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll go with door number 3 bob........... No she is just that stupid that when someone tells you they are recording the conversation that she just kept going......... Or she just thinks nobody can touch her in the company..... She's just mad that she is a fat pig.....lol....

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
Pro is right, as we say in Cali. "CYA" cover your a$$...get all of your ducks in line and your good. Here in Cali. that falls under harssament (hostile work enviroment) follow the proper channel...After it's all said and done the person causing the hostile enviroment or the boss or the company is held accountable. I get a refresher course on this matter every year.:thumbsup:
Good luck with your situation.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts