Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the midst of getting my 2019 set up for racing. I have an M4 GP slip on and a K&N air filter. I've eliminated the cat and exhaust flap as well as the intake flap and the breather. I have the Woolich data logger and the Autotune.

I will be going to the Dyno possibly this weekend to run it and tune it. I'm good with tuning the fuel maps and may dig into the spark maps too. The one area that I'm a bit clueless on is the throttle maps. I've read something about the Euro maps being different than the US maps but unfortunately there are no maps on the Woolich site for the 2019. When I tried to load the 2018 map (mostly to try to get a look at the throttle maps for comparison) it says I dont have the correct BIN file. I believe that means I would have to by a BIN key to download the map.

That said as much as I'd like to optimize the throttle map to get the best response and power I'm very reluctant to play with something I dont understand. I've looked for info and other than just explaining how to change it and what the change corralates to I haven't found much.

Any help would be appriciated

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will do it when I get home tonight. Should a post a screenshot of the ETV map or upload the actual file?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will do it when I get home tonight. Should a post a screenshot of the ETV map or upload the actual file?

I will do it when I get home tonight. Should I post a screenshot of the ETV map or upload the actual file?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
When I have the time I will post one of the bike I tune. A Pic

Enviado desde mi SNE-LX3 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
946 Posts
The maps is intended for small throttle openings and higher engine loads.... So like highway riding and cruising along in higher gears..... It fills in the gaps where the TPS maps overlaps

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And so where do we go from here ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
That's a great question. I was asked to post the maps and so I did.

I did reach put to Woolich and they replied amazingly quickly with excellent information and 2 links to videos that explained what I needed to do to get the Euro maps. Turns out I didn't need to get a map off of Map Share, I just needed to select New and load in the Euro ECU and bingo the stock EU maps were all there. Then I just had to cut and paste what I wanted into my US ETV maps.

That said, there was something very significant I noticed. The EU maps, at least for the 2019, are actually more restrictive as related to ETV than the US maps in almost all areas except for 3 or 4 cells. The 3 or 4 cells that are less restrictive are not all that different.

With this newly learned information I'm likely going to leave the US ETV map alone for now. I may tweak it manually at some point in the future if I notice something while racing I'd like changed. For now though, unless someone enlightens me to some better way of thinking, I'm leaving the ETV maps alone.

B

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The maps is intended for small throttle openings and higher engine loads.... So like highway riding and cruising along in higher gears..... It fills in the gaps where the TPS maps overlaps
I thought that was the IAP and TPS maps, bit the ETV maps. I thought the ETV maps were just a difference between the commanded throttle input and the throttle blade position. Am I looking at this incorrectly?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
It's not that hard to derestrict the ETV maps. See where the throttle goes to 100% and then ramps down to 34% on the top end? Make all of those 100. Now the throttle is derestricted.

·
Registered
197 Posts
That's a great question. I was asked to post the maps and so I did.

I did reach put to Woolich and they replied amazingly quickly with excellent information and 2 links to videos that explained what I needed to do to get the Euro maps. Turns out I didn't need to get a map off of Map Share, I just needed to select New and load in the Euro ECU and bingo the stock EU maps were all there. Then I just had to cut and paste what I wanted into my US ETV maps.

That said, there was something very significant I noticed. The EU maps, at least for the 2019, are actually more restrictive as related to ETV than the US maps in almost all areas except for 3 or 4 cells. The 3 or 4 cells that are less restrictive are not all that different.

With this newly learned information I'm likely going to leave the US ETV map alone for now. I may tweak it manually at some point in the future if I notice something while racing I'd like changed. For now though, unless someone enlightens me to some better way of thinking, I'm leaving the ETV maps alone.

B

I changed the entire throttle manually. What had been annoying me is the flat spot from say 10% of throttle to 30% and 4500 to 6500. At small throttle it's good but just as I leave the corner and I'm opening the gas it's like it goes flat but once the rpm goes up and the throttle get higher then it takes off really fast. It makes it hard to ride. Now with the new throttle map is super linear and easy(and a pleasure) to ride.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I changed the entire throttle manually. What had been annoying me is the flat spot from say 10% of throttle to 30% and 4500 to 6500. At small throttle it's good but just as I leave the corner and I'm opening the gas it's like it goes flat but once the rpm goes up and the throttle get higher then it takes off really fast. It makes it hard to ride. Now with the new throttle map is super linear and easy(and a pleasure) to ride.

Any copy of the maps you came up with?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Gear 5 and 6 maps

thats interesting, im working with FTecu software and their aproach to a unrestricted throttle is the opposite way, they go to 100 when you apply more "wrist" independently of the revs but i found other bikes under ftecu software that their unrestricted maps works more like yours. This map shown has a not good on off throttle response so im working on it to find a good smooth action but enough for racing.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts