Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woolich is so much fun adjusting things like the autoblipper and seeing instant results. I had just left it as switched on and the RPM. You think, this is cool I have an autoblipper! Then you go back and see you can adjust the time & TPS on even the standard autoblipper, not the race tools version. Holy shit it made a difference, before sometimes when I shifted down the bike would lurch forward a bit. I googled autoblipper times and the results were around 50ms to 60ms and mine were the standard 100+ms so I changed mine to 60ms. It feels like a seamless shift gearbox now, butter smooth downshifts with zero lurch forward. Pressure I set at 4 out of 10. the lighter ones 1,2,3 especially 1 are so light it changes twice or misses altogether. 4 is solid & now super smooth. I love it.

Is that what everyone is running on a 2016 ZX10R ? 60ms / level 4 / TPS I left as it was / 2500rpm 200ms & between changes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have experience with woolich and have used it to flash my zx10 se 2018 ... but the software only allows me to change some quickshift values that are in 100 inside Advanced Settings. The autoblipper part is in the Race tools and they do not modify anything without the specific key.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Above Advanced settings on the main screen is the Autoblipper button. If you click on that and activate the factory Autoblipper the rpm and time between shifts is available to change and lower down you can change the shift time in ms and the TPS in each gear and 1000rpm. Mine is a 2016 though, doesn't the 2018 already have an Autoblipper? Maybe your version of Woolich doesn't have the Autoblipper button?
15841371966216811280293321722312.jpg
15841371966216811280293321722312.jpg
15841372297817634159609463704252.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks! I don't have that button, probably because its a SE 2018 I have to pay for Race tools to use it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I don't have that button, probably because its a SE 2018 I have to pay for Race tools to use it. View attachment 444218
That sucks. It made an unbelievable difference to just enabling it & leaving the settings untouched. The standard upshifter is super smooth, now with those shift times the downshifter is probably a bit smoother again. It was pretty rough on the enable setting which I first thought was to do with the 1 to 10 pressure. The bike would lurch forward on downshifts, that's what made me investigate it further because the settings were right in front of me I just needed the right ones!

Maybe email Woolich and ask why your version doesn't have that button? It does say 2016-2018 ? Never know your luck

·
Registered
18 zx10r
440 Posts
Thanks for clarifying that. Sucks that the settings got lumped into the "race tools" package. That's whats held me back from buying a kit for now. I might as well send it off for a flash if I can't adjust that without spending another couple hundred dollars to enable the adjustment feature. I also contacted FTECU they have adjustable cut and blip times included in their features but to no avail.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess the other option would be to buy another bin file key for $100 but choose the 2016-2018 ECU that has the Autoblipper button. You would just have to find out if there are any reasons why you couldn't flash a newer ECU with a previous models settings. The ECU would be the same manufacturer & other than Woolich trying to get you to buy the race tools package I wouldn't expect it to be incompatible. You could scroll through your current settings and copy and paste them anyway.
I haven't looked up the cost of Race Tools but that would have to be an option to adjust your Autoblipper.
I would be asking Woolich why they dropped a free option on the newer bikes 1st ?

·
Registered
18 zx10r
440 Posts
Thanks! I don't have that button, probably because its a SE 2018 I have to pay for Race tools to use it. View attachment 444218
Is this for an 18 zx10rr?

I guess the other option would be to buy another bin file key for $100 but choose the 2016-2018 ECU that has the Autoblipper button. You would just have to find out if there are any reasons why you couldn't flash a newer ECU with a previous models settings. The ECU would be the same manufacturer & other than Woolich trying to get you to buy the race tools package I wouldn't expect it to be incompatible. You could scroll through your current settings and copy and paste them anyway.
I haven't looked up the cost of Race Tools but that would have to be an option to adjust your Autoblipper.
I would be asking Woolich why they dropped a free option on the newer bikes 1st ?
What year bike do you have?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this for an 18 zx10rr?

What year bike do you have?
2016 - but I got even better settings from another post about the ETV setup. Now the throttle and Quickshifter are perfect.

There is a download with all the settings and a great map you can copy and paste into Woolich then flash your ECU.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
will test after this pandemia.... mine lourches a lot, the stock settings where above 100ms

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes

Also found a whole bunch of great settings shared by Tdh. Download his settings then copy and paste to Woolich.
I have been riding with all of those settings for the last 1500kms and I love it. Bike is so smooth down the gears.
His ETV map is perfect.

http://knauerracing.com/files/ZX10R-Woolich-MyMaps.ods

The fuel map is also on there for a Graves full exhaust. It's a spreadsheet format but it is easy to select the areas and copy and paste to Woolich.

10 out of 10

Cheers

Ash

Attachments

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
very nice maps, ETVs are very well made, abruptness in the low TPS are very nice corrected.
I will try the autoblip...

Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Try riding it. Bike is so stable.

I am not touching anything anymore. Those settings are perfect.

Thanks TDH for sharing.

Cheers

Ash

·
Registered
90 Posts
Try riding it. Bike is so stable.

I am not touching anything anymore. Those settings are perfect.

Thanks TDH for sharing.

Cheers

Ash
Is there a direct link to TDH's settings? I clicked the link above and only see one section titled Advanced Settings.

I am having issues with the Race Tools.

Prior to Race Tools, my downshifts were lurching. Those were fixed with Race Tools.

Prior to Race Tools, my upshifts were good, but now they are lurching between shifts (due to Race Tools settings I suspect).

We deselected QUICKSHIFTER in Woolich Race Tools hoping it would go away and a reflash would allow factory settings to take precedent but now my upshifter does not work without rolling off the throttle. Wide open throttle ramp ups, quickshifter does not work. Only if I slightly let off throttle.

KQS is set ON/ON in my tach display.

I think the Woolich Race Tools Autoblipper being deselected is effecting the upshifts.

Could anyone share the link to DTH's perfected map?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mate those settings are for Advanced settings in a 2016-2018 ZX-10R in standard Woolich Racing software not the Race tools version.

Race Tools is a different ball game. I put it on my 2015 Yamaha R1M to get the autoblipper and it has taken me alot of work to get it smooth. The standard settings were garbage.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mate those settings are for Advanced settings in a 2016-2018 ZX-10R in standard Woolich Racing software not the Race tools version.

Race Tools is a different ball game. I put it on my 2015 Yamaha R1M to get the autoblipper and it has taken me alot of work to get it smooth. The standard settings were garbage.
I will check and see if those Advanced Settings are available for the 10RR in the Woolich Racing Software (which I think it is). And if those settings could work and things are smooth, I will chalk up the Race Tools as a $260 Lesson Learned. But I have faith it is simply something being overlooked.

If anyone is willing to share their Gen 5 10R/RR Race Tools settings in order to help dial in my 2017, it would help tremendously. Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The linked file is an OpenOffice spreadsheet. There are 5 tabs in the spreadsheet, the first one is the Advanced settings in Woolich. This is the link to the file:

I downloaded the file and opened it, but all I see is the Advanced Options. No tabs seen unless I need to click something?

Disregard. I had to open the file in full view. I see the tabs at the bottom now. Thank you!!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts