Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ordering the woolich USB V M3 package to tune my bike,but i have few questions that i cant seem to find answers.

1.I have full system alien head 2 exhaust and BMC air filter,i am not able to find a pre tuned map on the woolich MapShare for this similar setup.
2.Can i run a map that's tuned for a full system akrapovic and airfilter on my bike?Will this be ok ?
3.Since i am gonna install race fairing and use it more on the track, Is it ok to remove the charcoal canister and the Ram air intake flap?

your answers will be very helpful...thank you.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You should be fine running the map. Save yourself the headache and get the log box setup, vs just the normal one. take the bike and bung to a welder and have the thing welded on and install the wide band sensor in place of the OEM o2 sensor. load up the map you want, and then let the log box log and tune accordingly, you will be able to adjust and fine tune to your setup. then share for others who might have a similar setup. as for the ram air flap and emmision crap, disable it all in woolich and get rid of it. I never ride track and I did. Be sure to disable the stick o2bsensir in woolich too. you can check the woolich forums or if all else shoot them an email they will respond quick styles. just open a support ticket

·
Registered
340 Posts
To use the logbox, is it mandatory to use the Blockoffs plates?
you don't actually have to buy block off plates but you do need to at least disconnect the hoses and plug them. I have seen this done with a simple stubby bolt essentially screwed into the hose with a hose clamp to prevent it from falling out, I have seen people use steel balls and wedge them in, I have a friend that took the little valve deals off and opened them up, stuck aluminum foil in and then back filled the hose connection portion with jb weld. the foil was just to prevent jb weld from deteriorating and falling into the valve cover area. I would probably use a cut piece of aluminum can if I was to go that route. For now I don't have my auto tune installed because I need to have the bung welded on my midpipe since it's much cheaper to replace than the titanium headers. I'm going to just get a threaded plug for the stock o2 sensor bung. Just been too busy to get to it all so far. Might have the Dyno guys do it for me but I like working on my own stuff

·
Registered
51 Posts
you don't actually have to buy block off plates but you do need to at least disconnect the hoses and plug them. I have seen this done with a simple stubby bolt essentially screwed into the hose with a hose clamp to prevent it from falling out, I have seen people use steel balls and wedge them in, I have a friend that took the little valve deals off and opened them up, stuck aluminum foil in and then back filled the hose connection portion with jb weld. the foil was just to prevent jb weld from deteriorating and falling into the valve cover area. I would probably use a cut piece of aluminum can if I was to go that route. For now I don't have my auto tune installed because I need to have the bung welded on my midpipe since it's much cheaper to replace than the titanium headers. I'm going to just get a threaded plug for the stock o2 sensor bung. Just been too busy to get to it all so far. Might have the Dyno guys do it for me but I like working on my own stuff
thanks, when I change the air filter then I will block the pipe that delivers the fresh air.

·
Registered
340 Posts
it's the tubes that come out of the valve cover, you can plug them with a bolt and hose clamp and it serves the same purpose minus the weight savings. While your in there yank all the emmision crap that is behind the front right fairing and be sure to disable it all in woolich. it's pretty easy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi looking at the same kit with the log box and wideband and replacing the cat with a link pipe on 2016 gen5. Regards the wideband sensor looks like it does not fit in place of the existing 02 sensor after reading a few threads.
So would it be a good idea to order a link pipe with sensor hole in it already if there is one?
Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had an email from Woolich you can drill the existing hole on the 2016 gen 5 as there is enough metal there and have to tap it to M18 x 1.5mm pitch. May help others :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just did all this, PM if you have any questions. I would buy the block off plates and remove all of it while you have it apart.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree, just buy the block off plates, not expensive, and it looks better. Looks strange when you just see the disconnected 2 black tubes together when you take the tank off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ordered the Log Box M v3 and Zeitronix ZT-3 Wideband O2 Sensor kit. Plus a de-cat link pipe
I plan to put an O2 sensor bung in the link pipe and put a plug in the original one so can be put back to standard.
Graves block off plates seems best any other makes that are just as good quality? Likely have to order vis US as not seen them in the UK yet.
Will use a map off their site as a base. I see a few with de-cats.
Plan to add their quick shifter with race tools at a later date when bank not quite so broke lol
Looks pretty easy to fit from there youtube videos used to be an auto electrician so should be a doddle.
A friend can fit the O2 bung when I decide the best place to mount it he is also a BSB mechanic so handy if I get stuck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks Michael I will :)
Only real question once you have done the auto tune and are done. do you leave the wide band O2 kit and sensor on it or remove It ? and do you need to re enable factory Narrowband one or does it used the Wideband O2 from then on ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks Michael I will :)
Only real question once you have done the auto tune and are done. do you leave the wide band O2 kit and sensor on it or remove It ? and do you need to re enable factory Narrowband one or does it used the Wideband O2 from then on ?
You'll probably auto-tune frequently, every time I auto tune the bike runs better.

Leave the Wide-band in. Leave the box connected so you can connect up whenever you want.

I will leave the narrow-band disconnected until I can plug the Narrow-band hole in the pipe. Otherwise, you will never reconnect it.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You'll probably auto-tune frequently, every time I auto tune the bike runs better.

Leave the Wide-band in. Leave the box connected so you can connect up whenever you want.

I will leave the narrow-band disconnected until I can plug the Narrow-band hole in the pipe. Otherwise, you will never reconnect it.

Hope that helps.
Thanks Perfect :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
I had an email from Woolich you can drill the existing hole on the 2016 gen 5 as there is enough metal there and have to tap it to M18 x 1.5mm pitch. May help others :)
that is something I didn't know and am very glad you mentioned, I got lazy and tried to use one of those stupid adapters that woolich sells. get shit for auto tune data probably cause the wide band isn't actually directly in the exhaust flow but just outside of it. Has got to cause delays in readings if nothing else. makes for pretty shitty autotune sets. Gonna try the drill and tap thing today

·
Registered
340 Posts
I agree, just buy the block off plates, not expensive, and it looks better. Looks strange when you just see the disconnected 2 black tubes together when you take the tank off.
it looks way better with block off plates, but how often are you in there if everything is done right. But agreed that it looks better and it also saves a tiny bit of weight but with my 200 plus pound self the weight is a non issue since nothing I do can make up for going against a 150 lbs rider

·
Registered
17 Posts
How did it go drilling and tapping the original O2 12mm hole to 18mm ?
Just waiting on fiber gasket for my Acro tailpipe so it fits the decat pipe the old one had had it.
fitted the Woolich loom for the logbox still got to get bung welded into link pipe and fit wideband kit
Graves block off plates turned up from US today too.just need to find a nice base map with decat to start from till I get the wideband kit and block off plates installed.

·
Registered
340 Posts
just use an unrestricted map under apply map share, then if you see a map that has stuff similar to what you have again click apply map share and only select the parts of the map you want, ie fuel trim etc. I'm using a combo of 4 different maps plus the auto tune data from my log box over the last 1300 miles which was only 3 days riding. been trying to run every single gear from 3 or 4k all the way up to 12 or 13k. just doing lazy roll ons till the power kicks and staying just ahead of the power all the way up. flash and repeat a little more aggressive each time. The results have been great, I still need to do the drill and tap deal with my wide band though, cause I'm using an adapter that woolich sells and I'm sure it causes a bit of inaccuracies in the readings seeing as the tip of the wideband isn't actually in the direct exhaust stream

1 - 20 of 20 Posts