Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been trying to enable the launch on my 2012 with absolutely no luck. I've read the manual for the race tools and even email woolich go get clarification on how to activate it. Followed what they said in the email and still didn't work. Curious to any insight it would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
--Aftermarket or OEM levers that are out of adjustment and not pressing on the clutch switch fully./QUOTE]

Glad I ran across this. I noticed recently that my launch control wasn't working. Not that I use it but my friend wanted to check it out and it did not work. I installed ASV's last fall and now I'm sure that's the problem. Going to have to look into it. Thanks Archer.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Have you hooked up a meter to your clutch switch and ensured it is working properly?

Completely disconnect it from the clip on
Put a meter across it
Ensure in one position the switch is open when depressed it is closed
If so....
Manually hold the switch plunger in (simulating the clutch being pulled in and held) continuing to hold it until the launch delay timer is met (2000msec default = 2 seconds adjust if you have changed it)
Then grab throttle and pin it and hold it to see if it reaches and hold launch RPM
If doing it manually this way and it won't go, then you either have one of two issues;
--Aftermarket or OEM levers that are out of adjustment and not pressing on the clutch switch fully
--Clutch switch is shot and not opening/closing with the plunger on the switch
Hey Archer, whats the hold RPM set to by default? I totally forget about the fact that I have the launch control feature and still haven't used it properly. The QS is great though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My issue is fixed I had a frayed wire on my clutch switch fixed that and it works now. Now i launched early today and it wouldn't let me go higher than 6000 rmp( my launch rpm) even after i fully released the clutch. My guess is I need to readjust my clutch cable and make sure it's working 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts