Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after much anticipation my Woolich Racing Tuned Software and Zeitronix ZT3 was despatched from Woolich in Australia last week Monday (3 March 2014) and I received a tracking number. Wooohoooo!!!

I received a call on Friday morning (7 March 2014) asking whether anyone would be home so that my package could be delivered but I said "Hell no!" and went and collected from the depot!

So I installed the Zeitronix and Logbox Pro on the bike Friday afternoon and was messing around with it Friday evening. Now the LBP needs your ignition to be on when you read or write to your ECU and, as with any other new toy, I was messing around with the software. In the course of the evening I wrote to my ECU a few times and started the bike once or twice in between.

Just before I was about to pack up, I started the bike one more time but I had run the battery down :(

So I put the battery on a trickle charger and went to bed. On Saturday morning I tried to load a Mapshare and that is when my troubles began! Apparently during one of the writes to my ECU my battery died causing a shitstorm of a problem, details of which I will not bore you with here.

What ensued was the best customer service I have experienced bar NONE!!!

Justin took the time out till the early hours of the morning in Oz to email back and forth with me since Saturday evening his time. He provided back-up and support all through Sunday through to Monday morning until we eventually resolved my problem.

Even the problem was not Woolich's fault AT ALL Justin was patient and willing to help! I cannot thank and commend Justin enough! He went above and beyond what any company would in this circumstance!!!!!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
I can second this, Justin is always willing to help, and provides great support!!!

He helped me with identifying a faulty cable and sent a replacement asap as well as providing me with the first LBP Ohlins rear shock piggyback cable for the unit.

Iv met Justin, hes a top bloke!!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Great to hear.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Yep, Justin is the man and the Woolich Racing Tuning software is by far the best ECU flashing option available right now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
fucking sucks I think been waiting a week for a simple fix. if it was a gen 4 think he,d be on it like a fly on shit. you buy a product In good faith and it tells you it can do this and that. yet when you come to use it,it doesn,t fucking work right. just my rants worth????

·
Registered
951 Posts
That's awesome man. Good to hear about a company taking care of you.

·
Registered
790 Posts
fucking sucks I think been waiting a week for a simple fix. if it was a gen 4 think he,d be on it like a fly on shit. you buy a product In good faith and it tells you it can do this and that. yet when you come to use it,it doesn,t fucking work right. just my rants worth????
I feel your frustration coming thru your post. Justin really needs to move this very issue to the top of his list and drop whatever he is doing and correct this for you before working anything else.

What many may read your rant above don't know is you have reported this issue several times on Justin's forum, so you got a right to be both impatient and disappointed.

At the minimum he needs to provide you with an explanation and a expectation.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Always good to hear the flip side of things... What issues are you having?

·
Registered
110 Posts
its a rev limit issue mate. had bike sitting on dyno for over a week waiting for some simple fix.( his quote not mine). seems to pick and choose who he helps out on the forum. becoming a piss take now grrrr

·
Registered
322 Posts
justins been dealing with my annoying ass for the last week everyday on the phone... and after many hours of tuning my bike.. i wanna share my experience..

im gonna copy and paste what i posted in a fb group

mods are a m4 exhaust.. web cams and a ported and decked head...

"8:56 AM and i got nothing better to do then some explaining...
Dynotuning vs street tuning... an arguement thats been going around for awhile which is better... My preference is street because it simulates real world conditions whereas a dyno, the conditions are artificially created to simulate the street..
dont think theres a big difference?? i did several hours of data logging and dyno time to try and understand why my street numbers and dyno numbers were way off from each other, AFRs too..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carpenters tune.... no afr values because they dont have anything to read afr.... 192 HP to the wheel..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Zeitronix wideband AFR has been installed to my exhaust to do some data logging..
----------------------------------------------
it shows that carpenters tune on the STREET was putting out a WOT AFR of 13,9-14.0 in areas and spotty in others.. This is pretty damn lean for the street.
I then street tuned it with various WOT pulls in all gears.. mainly 4th though,. I brought the AFR down to 13.3... that is my target. After doing so,, and fixing the mid throttle fuel tables as well, the bike ran much smoother and felt powerful. it ran great!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Dyno run 2....... 178 to the back tire.. Puzzled as to wtf its only making 178, i looked at my data logs.... On the street, riding to and from the dyno, my AFR was dead on 13.3 .. ON The dyno however the bike was running pig rich at 12.4. This leads me to believe that tuning a bike with 160mph wind blowing at you is far of a change then tuning a bike with walmart fans in front of the bike. This is my guess as to why its running MUCH richer on the dyno.
----------------------------------------------------------
run 3.... i leaned the WOT AFR back down to 13.3 on the dynos conditions with their fans... . what do you know.. 190.9 hp to the wheel.. (1 less then carpenter.. different dyno)
Now lets add ram air to the playing field..
if my bike was street tuned at 13.3 afr under 160mph riding conditions, the best way to mimick that is a 160 mph leafblower into the ram air vents.
My guess is this... if it was running 13.3 on the street at 160mph, ill go find a 160mph leafblower and force air in and the results should be similar!..
I did that wiith my "street tune" mapped on the bike... this is the tune that ran 12.4 on the dyno.. i want to see if the leafblower will lean my AFR back to where it was on the street which was 13.3
results.... 197 hp to the back tire at a 13.5 AFR... The 13,5 afr hints to me that the leafblower did put a tad more air into the bike then the street tune..
So i fattened the AFR back down to 13.3 with the leafblower..
195.9 hp to the back tire at a 13.3 afr.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion..
A bike tuned under the dynos conditions will be leaner as soon as you hit the streets due to the ram air effect of the wind. Usually good dyno tuners will compensate for that and add 5% more fuel up top, or whatever number they chose to use. Otherwise once you get off the dyno, the bike will run lean. However sometimes high priced dyno shops have wind tunnels or very powerful fans that can simulate ram air. One thing for sure is this post proves that ram air makes a big difference... Big with the fuel mixture, and a little more power to gain as well. This is pprobably why my bike feels meaner on the street then that 178 hp number it put out with no wind compensation and a 12.4 rich AFR.. once i hit the street, the tune totally changes and ram air is added to the equation...
?? AFR carpetner 192 hp
178 hp on a 13,3 street tune with a dyno afr of 12.4
190.9 hp on a 13.3 dyno tune (no ram air added. just a cheap shit ran setup)
197 hp on a 13.3 street tune with a dyno afr of 13.5 due to 160mph leafblower.
195.9 hp on a 13.3 street tune with dyno afr adjusted down to 13.3 to compensate for the little airflow difference of the wind vs leafblower
I now set my bike back to my 13.3 street tune that made 178 on the dyno... it runs incredible on the street and thats all that matters right? noones racing in dyno shops. This got me to think not to get hungup with dyno numbers because how it runs on the street is all that matters.. a street tune on a dyno thats not perfectly setup to simulate real world conditions will run richer on the dyno and make less power..
In conclusion, if my bike makes 178 hp on andrews dyno on april 5th, i WILL NOT come strapped with a leafblower on my back in front of 50+ people... ill take my low number and walk with it. lmao.
Just wanted to show everyone the difference in a street tune vs a dyno tune."

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its a rev limit issue mate. had bike sitting on dyno for over a week waiting for some simple fix.( his quote not mine). seems to pick and choose who he helps out on the forum. becoming a piss take now grrrr
Looks like your update has been done bikemad66 :eek:ccasion14:

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts