Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Warriors,

I'm thinking about getting the Woolich Auto-tune kit for my Flashing my ECU.
The primary thought was to have a more stable TPS (too jumpy in some revs, sleeping in others... probably because exhaust system change)
but then I found out that for the ZX10R 17 - there all sorts of goodies (and the best is the enabling built-in Autoblipper sensor! a long time dream of mine...:grin2:)
The only thing is that I don't want to use the built-in maps but rather to get the best tune for my bike.
the problem is that I don't have a place where I can use a dyno (all the places here are using there own software and charging more then the entire kit cost...)

so the questions is - did anyone tried tuning his bike (on -the-road-tuning) using log data and an ECU flashing software and can share his experience?

Appreciate every bit of information I can get! :nerd:

WR

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
682 Posts
Hi Warriors,

I'm thinking about getting the Woolich Auto-tune kit for my Flashing my ECU.
The primary thought was to have a more stable TPS (too jumpy in some revs, sleeping in others... probably because exhaust system change)
Yeah... your throttle should be smooth as butter. Not jerky & not that much kick when you hit the powerband.. Flashing your ECU isn't gonna do much for you without the right fuel map... You need to already have the right map ready to go, send your ECU out to get flash-tuned, or bring it to someone who can flash and dyno it on the spot. There's a space where Woolich users share their maps but you can never be too sure what people are willing share... Judging by some of the #'s users advertise they're either not giving up their best run or their tunes are basic af.

Also, don't waste a dime on an A/T. Just another useless gimmick...

·
Registered
12 Posts
The autotune is designed to get you a good starting point for a fuel map and will also keep the air fuel ratio at a designated point once a good base map is saved an auto tune device can save some time and possibly some money one the Dyno. So i wouldn't say its a useless gimmick ! Defiantly not necessary but does have a function ! I had my ECU flashed by Guhl and added PCV just to fine tune if necessary. My Nephew went with the Woolich software to flash his own ECU he used a shared map from their site and end results pretty much the same. My 2017 ZX10R made 186 HP 80 Ft Lbs Torque SAE numbers with a 3/4 Akrapovic exhaust BMC street air filter and block off plates and his 2016 ZX10R made 187 HP 79 FT Lbs Torque SAE numbers with 3/4 Yoshimura exhaust BMC street air filter and block off plates same time same Dyno. There also was a complete stock 2017 ZX10R it made 168 HP and 76 FT Lbs Torque SAE numbers. All bike had within 500 miles of each other on the odometer mine had 1,700 on it !

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
465 Posts
Can you explain how you tune in the “real world”? What maps are the start point? How do you log AFR? What gear? Do you tune each separately?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
All jerkines I have seen come from ETV... the 16 I have tune, need minimal fuel diference but substancial ETV map per gear.

had a friend that in 2nd gear the bike would jerk if ETV was mild agresive and in the higher gears you could be agresive in the opening, 198 hp bike,
same dyno day, a brentune s1000rr 17 full exhaust did 191hp

·
Registered
77 Posts
So it seems to me that the autotune feature is not going to be of any help in remapping the ETV once the fuel cut "feature" has been turned off since ETV doesn't directly affect A/F ratio. The same goes for timing. Anthony, please correct me if I'm wrong. If true, what methodology does one use to adjust the ETV values? I've looked around on the Woolich site and the web but have found nothing on the strategy for adjusting the ETV. I suppose that you could start by setting everything to 100% of throttle setting and back off or likely the reverse since setting to 100% would be quite dangerous with these bikes!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Woolich AT absolutely works and works well. I have it on three bikes and all are smooth fueling.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ZX10RArcher,

Amazing (multiple) response and thank you for taking the time to answer simple old me. :)
much appreciated! you answered most of my concerns so now all is left is the order the kit..:)

Br,

W_R.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2016 ZX10R Race & 2016 ZX10R Street
3,681 Posts
So in short...

Is it better to get an Auto Tune and tune your bike vs. a dyno machine tune?
Like about how much off would an Auto Tune or Dyno Machine be from each other?

Example. Night time open and empty highway where you can top her out with auto tune. Would you get a better result doing this vs. machine?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts