·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, need your help

before bike would
take off
accelarate
stop for a wile en then continue to accelerate..

Ramp time 2550ms
Ramp start veh speed 63 km h
launch 7000 rpm
max ramp rpm 13900
hold time 75ms

very slow, but you could take off with no worry

changed to
Ramp time 2300ms
Ramp start veh speed 60 km h
launch 7000 rpm
max ramp rpm 10000
hold time 75ms
The bike now just takes off a bit faster, stops at 89km h (16/39 gearing), waits a bit then goes and when it gets to 10k rpm its like 25psi of boost and it wants to weelie...

I want it to accelerate a bit faster, and dont want it to stop and then go...

·
Registered
76 Posts
guys, need your help

before bike would
take off
accelarate
stop for a wile en then continue to accelerate..

Ramp time 2550ms
Ramp start veh speed 63 km h
launch 7000 rpm
max ramp rpm 13900
hold time 75ms

very slow, but you could take off with no worry

changed to
Ramp time 2300ms
Ramp start veh speed 60 km h
launch 7000 rpm
max ramp rpm 10000
hold time 75ms
The bike now just takes off a bit faster, stops at 89km h (16/39 gearing), waits a bit then goes and when it gets to 10k rpm its like 25psi of boost and it wants to weelie...

I want it to accelerate a bit faster, and dont want it to stop and then go...
What if you set closer Launch RPM and Max Ramp RPM, lets say - LRP to 9000 and MRRPM to 10 000. It will be more direct launch like MSD and other brands. To me Woolich Launch control is very slow and needs a lot of trail error experiments due to too much settings. Isnt that ramp time way too much?

·
Registered
76 Posts
yes that is what I think the ramp time is way to much.

Im reducing ramp time
Shoot us an update. I am struggling with the same thing. Trying to find best settings for WR launch for drag and more aggressive starts. Also, launch of s1000rr is somewhere around 9k and it does launch way better

·
Registered
27 Posts
Im looking into this settings to. Havent tried anything as the bike is under rebuilding now but i just cant understand what is the ramp time all about.

My bike is a gen 5 and is racing only but i want to try woolich launch control as the stock one, the procedure to activate it has being a problem for me, after the warmup lap i cant activate it again and with the green flag coming i have to forget it and launch by my self.

BTW on the gen 5 you have 3 launch control levels, the the two less agressives goes to 7k rpm and the good one goes to 9k, thats the number that i will start with, all other parameters i will leave them as predetermined if i cant find any good advice before.

Launch RPM 9000
Release speed 45
Hold time 100
Ramp time 1600
Max Rpm 13600 (the actual limit)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Trial and error is all I found to work... and what works for one person doesn't necessarily correlate to another person. But post what works best for you...at least a good start for others. I'll see if I can find my numbers tonight

1 - 7 of 7 Posts