Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive spoken to Dynojet regarding my 2016 ZX10r, and they told me they have had several issues with a PCV working with this bike. So I'm wanting to get a flashing kit from Woolich. I am thinking the Mitsubishi v3 with ZT3 wideband O2 sensor. What are some experiences any one has had? How difficult is self install? And further more tuning? I haven't been able to find anything about this on my bike online. Currently getting a lot of backfiring when I let off the throttle. The only aftermarket piece I have is a Yoshimura alpha T race slip on. Advice?? :iamwithstupid::2bitchslap:

·
Registered
56 Posts
The install is pretty easy, it took me less than an hour to install everything (O2 sensor, logbox, and assorted wiring). Do yourself a favor and get the pigtail to power the Zedtronics from the factory O2 sensor, it takes less space than the relay.

The tuning side is somewhat easy, there are many videos on YouTube and the Woolich site. I used the mapshare and help from others on this site, it’s worked well thus far and the bike runs like a raped ape.

ZX10Archer is the guy, send him a PM. He will answer all your questions and give sage advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats the "pigtail"? And I planned on getting the $700 kit. Just unsure of self install. I'm no kind of grease monkey but I'm not helpless either.. lol. And hopefully mine will turn into a RAPING APE!. Thanks for the response. I feel like everyone is tired of talking about this subject.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you end up doing all this? I'm new to the bike tune scene, was looking at the full woolich kit with the wide band +auto tune functions. Do I need to get the race key kit for autoblip downshift?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did you end up doing all this? I'm new to the bike tune scene, was looking at the full woolich kit with the wide band +auto tune functions. Do I need to get the race key kit for autoblip downshift?

Not for the basic autoblip, race tools will give you more control of cut times per gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Whats the "pigtail"? And I planned on getting the $700 kit. Just unsure of self install. I'm no kind of grease monkey but I'm not helpless either.. lol. And hopefully mine will turn into a RAPING APE!. Thanks for the response. I feel like everyone is tired of talking about this subject.
Did you end up doing tje install? I have the package sitting in my room, waiting for some time. You'll have to do block off plates too, not looking forward to that. So. Howd it go?

·
Registered
342 Posts
The install is pretty easy as far as the basic flash stuff. just have to add a pin the the connection on the ECU. It is an empty pin hole with a plug, get a paper clip and be careful not to pull any of the other wires out, the clip goes back easily if all the pins are in the right place. I still need to do the auto tune install, just waiting to get the bung welded on since the wide band won't fit in the o2 sensor hole. Also, if you are just doing the flash block offs are not a must. They are good but without the autotune they don't cause much negative short of the decel popping

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did my install and it went pretty well, other than putting the pin in the wrong slot in the connector, but that was an easy fix, for the autotuned woolich says you must do the block offs or the readings are wonky. that wasn't horrible either, kinda. haha Did you ever get it done?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did do it. Well I flashed it but never installed the O2 sensor. It's all really new for me. And just this week I think my battery has work out on me. It died and I think it reset my ecu? If that's a thing!? I noticed a slight loss in power. I have a Lithium battery coming in a day or 2. I plan to have my new air filter out in an the O2 sensor or on, and re flash it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts