Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,136 Posts
i'll send some cookies to get a peak at the iginition maps that may be different than what Archer has for the other 3 versions :badteeth:

Anyone care to share a full dyno map for the woolich software with their ETV, Iginition, IAP and TPS maps with what mods they have.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Maybe testing both mappings would help. But I think 100s in all cells is not the best way to go. Mine had alot 100s mainly above 10% TPS. It didn't feel bad but i couldn't go WOT from very low rpm. Had a stuttering when not rolling the throttle softly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
For me mapshare works great. But it could be explained better. You need to login and subscripe a map on their website. Then it gets availlable in the Woolich Racing Tuned Software and you can apply it.

Needed some time to understand that :)

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I'm not too sure as to when the updated version went out, but that timeline fits. There were also some drastic changes that were put in for ignition timing and differences in cylinders compared to one another.

I'll give you a box of cookies to send that ECU in to me to read out :p
i'll send some cookies to get a peak at the iginition maps that may be different than what Archer has for the other 3 versions :badteeth:

Anyone care to share a full dyno map for the woolich software with their ETV, Iginition, IAP and TPS maps with what mods they have.
This is just what comes off the software. I haven't even installed the ecu/harness yet. The ignition maps are all 0 same as the previous kit ecu.

My interpretation of the ETV maps is that your wrist is directly connected to the plates when everything is at 100%. It's a 1:1 ratio. Doing 4000rpm and going to 100% throttle will bog down the same as any vehicle.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I'm guessing you have the latest version of the race kit ECU? Kawi released 4 versions, of which we have 3. In all three that we have, this is what the ETV values look like across all six gears.
View attachment 390513
*Shrug*
FWIW, I received my kit ECU back in late January 2016, and every one of my default file ETV maps looks exactly like dricked's. :dontknow:

Feels great to me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is just what comes off the software. I haven't even installed the ecu/harness yet. The ignition maps are all 0 same as the previous kit ecu.

My interpretation of the ETV maps is that your wrist is directly connected to the plates when everything is at 100%. It's a 1:1 ratio. Doing 4000rpm and going to 100% throttle will bog down the same as any vehicle.
Maybe the 100 in every cell of ETV and the 0 in the ignition maps stand for a unchanged 'base' map? Maybe the Kawi software does it interprete that way? Just an idea...

Would be interesting to check in the real time engine data what happens to the throttle blades...

·
Registered
450 Posts
In my opinion, one thing it should be considered is that engine is not all about electronics, the map only is there to drive mechanical (engine). So as the throttle opens the RPM of the engine goes up too. usually, as you turn the throttle the only part is being used on the map is between the two blue line, above or below that two line only gets hit in an extreme condition. above the blue line is hit when you have lots of load on the bike (maybe towing something or have a big extra weight on the bike) in that condition if the throttle is at 100% the fuel delivery can not handle the demand and need to built up to it , that is why you see a lower value than 100% and as the RPM goes up you get closer to 100% throttle.
under the two blue line, you will see mostly 100% which as higher RPM you need that Air to go in the cylinder and there is enuff fuel to handle it because the load is much less, So just set everything at 100% is not a good idea although you may never hit those areas at all but still for safety you need to have values close to the values that manufacture already tested it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I'm not sure who at Kawasaki thought this was a good idea:

But thanks to Anthony for posting the race ECU map. I struggled with this for 4 years from the first ride back in early 2016. This solved the whole problem. I understand even the new bikes come with the above 2nd and 3rd gear garbage ETV map. Put the below map on every gear and now all the issues are gone. Why this isn't the default from the factory is beyond me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for reviving this old thread. I had missed this in my earlier searching. It seems the ETV settings are the real black magic (areas for easiest performance gains) for this engine and autotune does not adjust them at all. Unfortunately, most of Archer's posts have been deleted but I'm assuming the map values posted by him earlier are the ones you have plotted?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I created the map based on the image in one of his posts above. I can't imagine a need for any sort of "autotune" for ETV and it also wouldn't result in any more peak performance. I look at it as nothing more than a custom throttle curve map. You set it to however you want your throttle response to be. Basically it gives you more control over the throttle at lower RPMs and lower TPS settings by cutting throttle more than what the TPS is indicating. This gives you much more control when going through a lower speed corner at a high lean angle where you don't want abrupt throttle changes. Yet, on the high end gives 100% of the indicated TPS.

The issue with the stock map is that giant cliff into that trough in the low TPS and low RPM range. I noticed this on my first ride after buying the bike when I went to bring the bike up to the balance point on the back wheel and the throttle was very erratic and scared the crap out of me. Unlike my GEN4 I've never felt confident on the back wheel on this bike. BUT, more importantly when racing it was surging on slower high lean angle corners (2nd-3rd gear low TPS/RPM). It felt like at a certain lower TPS/RPM (~5-7000 RPM) in 2nd and 3rd the throttle would pulse like it was hunting for the correct RPM. It wouldn't maintain a steady RPM at all, but only in that lower TPS area. I had no confidence in the throttle at all in that range, especially on slower sweeper type corners where you need to maintain a certain speed. But, I just learned to deal with it the last few years.

It wasn't until I swapped ECUs and went back to Woolich (was running Flash Tune before, not by choice) last week that I noticed that trough in the throttle curve in gear 2 and 3. I manually smoothed that out and rode the bike and it was 1000 times better than it ever was. Then I ran across this thread and saw that map that Anthony posted so I created my own map from that screenshot and applied it to all gears and I am loving the throttle curve across the board now. I also turned on the autoblip downshift and made significant changes to the quick shifter times and blipper maps. It's butter smooth now. I tried the blipper for a short time after buying the bike but the stock blipper map was so bad I just turned it back off. I can't wait to race it this year with all these improvements.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts